• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tonfulle-84 Stan Lee forgeries on eBay
5 5

369 posts in this topic

On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 2:43 PM, Vietnam67 said:

Ok War, I've seen enough garbage for one day. It's time to go eat some sour kraut and pork. I hope you and everyone else has a great week! I'm out ten4.

Still at it. Getting closer, a little less horrible, but an obvious forgery nonetheless:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/tonfulle-84/m.html?_trksid=p3692

TofuleStan.jpg

Edited by James J Johnson

Great catch man ! Good to know people still try to do thins the right way and go after these peddlers - doesn’t surprise me eBay doesn’t want to get involved , but unfortunate none the less . Although I don’t have any Stan signed books ( yet) I hope to one day - I think the most obvious  scam is that fact that if someone were to get a book signed by Stan , it would likely be some variation of a key book , no ?

On 1/1/2018 at 2:23 PM, Vietnam67 said:

Hey Oakman, What do you think about all of this? I believe Johnson and a few of these other guys are out on a limb? Before you start accusing somebody of a forgery, You better have proof! Do you realize how hard it is to prove this guy is selling fakes?

The "proof" is that the sigs are obviously fake.  They look nothing like Stan's scribble.  Send the seller a link to this thread and let him come here and defend his (fake) products.  

23 minutes ago, chrisco37 said:

The "proof" is that the sigs are obviously fake.  They look nothing like Stan's scribble.  Send the seller a link to this thread and let him come here and defend his (fake) products.  

He doesn't have to defend anything here or on eBay. How could he defend them anyway? They're all $25 garbage. Defaced bargain box trash. eBay has no interest in his business model. Where he may have to eventually wind up defending himself is in civil and/or criminal court. I had a conversation with two reps at Stan Lee's marketing/booking agency, bringing their attention to his 50 "Sold Listings" of the past 2 weeks and beyond (I've been keeping track). Where eBay has no interest in sellers moving total garbage and obvious forgeries like these, Stan's people most certainly do. The two people I spoke to were surprised that even twice reported to eBay, eBay's agents given a tutorial by me on Stan Lee's signature through the years with reference listings as examples for genuine Stan autographs, eBay turned a blind eye to what they also noted as blatant forgeries as far as shutting it down.

Edited by James J Johnson

16 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

Still at it. Getting closer, a little less horrible, but an obvious forgery nonetheless:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/tonfulle-84/m.html?_trksid=p3692

TofuleStan.jpg

Johnson, I looked at his site, I believe you may be on to something, but one or two of his looked legit! It's really hard to tell without seeing them in person really! But your probably right, even if he was selling good ones and bad ones, I'd stay away from him not knowing your 100 percent sure the sig is real or not!

3 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

With about ten minutes of practice probably anyone of us on these boards could sign a signature similar to the ones shown in this thread....,

War, I totally agree with you anybody is gonna do whatever they can to squeeze the system. This guy is no different than a used car salesman selling junk cars! As a buyer your taking a chance the car will last a few years such as your taking a chance his sigs are real. I don't see why anyone would worry about what this clown is doing! As a buyer you should be aware of these type of things! I don't blame this clown for doing what he's doing, I blame the buyer's for not doing their homework on Stan Lee's Sig.

55 minutes ago, Vietnam67 said:

Johnson, I looked at his site, I believe you may be on to something, but one or two of his looked legit! It's really hard to tell without seeing them in person really! But your probably right, even if he was selling good ones and bad ones, I'd stay away from him not knowing your 100 percent sure the sig is real or not!

And he's only a krill. A small fry. Pocket change, in a pod of whales that are peddling fake full cast signature movie posters on eBay at $500 to $2000 a pop.  Walking Dead, Star Wars, Fast and Furious, etc., movies old and new, full cast signed posters, some of them with COAs that look generated from their home PC, over half of them listed on eBay are pure trash.

1 hour ago, James J Johnson said:

And he's only a krill. A small fry. Pocket change, in a pod of whales that are peddling fake full cast signature movie posters on eBay at $500 to $2000 a pop.  Walking Dead, Star Wars, Fast and Furious, etc., movies old and new, full cast signed posters, some of them with COAs that look generated from their home PC, over half of them listed on eBay are pure trash.

Johnson, That's what I'm talking about! Listen to me, Don't even waste your time on these clowns. I'm sure you've got better things to do then worry about somebody getting ripped off. You should be browsing different websites for comics, look for the deals man! Find those hidden treasures out there just waiting to be found! Anyways, Have a good weekend, and good luck in the hunt for those treasures!

2 minutes ago, PhoKing said:

Why not buy his forgery, pay him and file a NAD for forgery and leave negative regarding the fakes so that others will see his negatives showing he selling forgeries. He is ruining collecting for people.

PhoKing, I see what your talking about! That never works! I've seen different sellers on ebay with over 20 negative feedback before and their still selling garbage. Listen to me, E bay does not care, They only care about making money!

1 minute ago, PhoKing said:

lol just read this on another thread.

While this guy trying to make $25-$50 another person living it larger lol

Ya I seen that, that's unreal! Whoever did it has a lot of courage to pull it off to think they wouldn't get caught.

1 hour ago, Vietnam67 said:

Johnson, That's what I'm talking about! Listen to me, Don't even waste your time on these clowns. I'm sure you've got better things to do then worry about somebody getting ripped off. You should be browsing different websites for comics, look for the deals man! Find those hidden treasures out there just waiting to be found! Anyways, Have a good weekend, and good luck in the hunt for those treasures!

It's not so bothersome to me about his defrauding people for $25 that don't do their homework. I get that part of it. What bothers me is using Stan Lee's name to do it. Without the Stan Lee and Jack Kirby big bang, the comic book universe we all know and love would not exist as it does today.

34 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

It's not so bothersome to me about his defrauding people for $25 that don't do their homework. I get that part of it. What bothers me is using Stan Lee's name to do it. Without the Stan Lee and Jack Kirby big bang, the comic book universe we all know and love would not exist as it does today.

Your exactly right! I love comics, I love the old art work from Kirby! Stan Lee is a great man and so is Kirby, but I'm just saying don't let some scumbag selling garbage ruin your day or even lose sleep over it! It's not worth the headache! As we get older, we have to use our time to spend it on the better things in life, instead of worrying what a few bad apples are doing!

38 minutes ago, Vietnam67 said:

Your exactly right! I love comics, I love the old art work from Kirby! Stan Lee is a great man and so is Kirby, but I'm just saying don't let some scumbag selling garbage ruin your day or even lose sleep over it! It's not worth the headache! As we get older, we have to use our time to spend it on the better things in life, instead of worrying what a few bad apples are doing!

+1  Kirby and Lee.  :cloud9:   

On 1/1/2018 at 1:23 PM, Vietnam67 said:

Hey Oakman, What do you think about all of this? I believe Johnson and a few of these other guys are out on a limb? Before you start accusing somebody of a forgery, You better have proof! Do you realize how hard it is to prove this guy is selling fakes?

On 1/1/2018 at 1:30 PM, Vietnam67 said:

Johnson, I totally agree, But I said before, Who's fault is it really? E bay has a 30 day return policy. If customers aren't happy with their purchase they can return the item for their money back! E bay always sides with the buyers. 

6 hours ago, Vietnam67 said:

6 hours ago, Vietnam67 said:

War, I totally agree with you anybody is gonna do whatever they can to squeeze the system. This guy is no different than a used car salesman selling junk cars! As a buyer your taking a chance the car will last a few years such as your taking a chance his sigs are real. I don't see why anyone would worry about what this clown is doing! As a buyer you should be aware of these type of things! I don't blame this clown for doing what he's doing, I blame the buyer's for not doing their homework on Stan Lee's Sig.

4 hours ago, Vietnam67 said:

hm