• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tonfulle-84 Stan Lee forgeries on eBay
5 5

369 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Pizzafist said:

Where is the seller located? CA? there is a crooked ebay ring run around Riverdale/Fresno area. They focus in Comics Key issues .

It's not them. They push the limits of ethics but as far as I can tell, don't venture over the line into criminally actionable territory. They're not exactly Mensa material, not by any means, with some of the books they sell cut down almost to the size of Big Little Books, full disclosure is made, but they're not reckless enough to continue risking criminal prosecution for forgery, like Tonfulle-84. This is a very foolish person to continue interstate peddling bad paper like this right out in the open, week after week.

27 minutes ago, Jester Hats said:

So because some kid probably used the cover to do a tracing of Iron Fist and damaged the book, its value somehow increased?  Got it. 

This dude is low.  :facepalm: 

2 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

Has anyone attempted to report the seller (I know, I know.  It probably won't do any good.  But I wonder what happens if eBay gets 20 messages from boardies, what happens).

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/resolving-issues-sellers/reporting-item-issue-seller?id=4022

i'm sure its already been reported and the listings keep on showing up

Edited by 1950's war comics

3 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

i'm sure its already been reported and the listings keep on showing up

Correct. Multiple times. Ebay is the wild west when it comes to condoning forged items. Forged comic book hobby signatures comprise a very small portion of the whole, significantly less than 1%. Cast posters, forged baseballs, football helmets, and basketballs, forged 8 X 10s of from film stars to sports stars account for incalculable millions of dollars of Ebay transactions per month. Signed guitar forgeries are fast vying for an increasing market slice of the Ebay forgery pie.

Nonetheless, though ebay does nothing to deter this, in the case of forged Stan Lee signatures, his people do. I walked them through carefully, the rep I spoke to indicated an interest in the matter and asked for me to email him the details we discussed on the phone, and this is how most criminal actions are undertaken. With a complaint. In this case, Stan's people relating to the criminal authorities that these are not Stan Lee autographs and the seller is committing interstate mail fraud.  

https://www.ebay.com/sch/tonfulle-84/m.html?_trksid=p3692

Now, Tonfulle-84 has upped the ante to closing a dozen Stan Lee forgeries per day. No longer petty theft. Trafficking $250 to $500 per day of forgeries puts him into a higher criminal echelon. High enough to finally report this to and get the attention of his State Attorney General's office and State police.

Prisoners-shadow-behind-bars.png

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 2:15 PM, James J Johnson said:

And as was easily predicted, with Tonfulle-84's attention turned to bluffs at the poker table, suddenly, the continuous, seemingly limitless, assembly line flow of Stan Lee signature bluffs has ground to a complete halt, just like that. But a keen student of history, I have a hunch that the doors to the forging foundry will soon be unlocked and soon production will be once again renewed.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/tonfulle-84/m.html?_trksid=p3692

Glad to see your still talking garbage Johnson, And to the clown who wants to check my spelling. Get real, I'm on a computer typing fast and not watching my spelling mistakes, so wake up. Anyway Johnson, You really think I'm that Ton-84 guy huh? lol, that's hilarious.  The clown your talking about lives in Alabama! I live in Maryland. Wake up, Just because I had an opinion about a guy doesn't mean I'm the forger. So before you start making accusations, You better do some research!

2 hours ago, Vietnam67 said:

Glad to see your still talking garbage Johnson, And to the clown who wants to check my spelling. Get real, I'm on a computer typing fast and not watching my spelling mistakes, so wake up. Anyway Johnson, You really think I'm that Ton-84 guy huh? lol, that's hilarious.  The clown your talking about lives in Alabama! I live in Maryland. Wake up, Just because I had an opinion about a guy doesn't mean I'm the forger. So before you start making accusations, You better do some research!

Overestimating oneself and underestimating others is the leading cause of landing behind bars, not poor spelling.

Edited by James J Johnson

2 hours ago, Vietnam67 said:

And lest we forget, just so nobody has to backtrack, here's a reminder of your attitude about a seller defrauding fellow hobbyists who think they're getting something of value for their money. In your own words:

"I hope the guy makes 10k a week. It doesn't bother me what someone else is doing. this guy or that guy is not paying my bills, so I could care less about what their doing! I think it's hilarious people are that dumb to buy the junk!"

(tsk) 

6 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

And lest we forget, just so nobody has to backtrack, here's a reminder of your attitude about a seller defrauding fellow hobbyists who think they're getting something of value for their money. In your own words:

"I hope the guy makes 10k a week. It doesn't bother me what someone else is doing. this guy or that guy is not paying my bills, so I could care less about what their doing! I think it's hilarious people are that dumb to buy the junk!"

(tsk) 

Johnson, Your a real winner, Do you actually believe the guys on this site are that dumb to buy that garbage? Are you kidding me? You must think these guys are clowns. your the one that started this forum. All I did was make a statement about a guy selling garbage and I voiced my opinion, so what, who cares what I think about the situation. I made a statement regarding what e bay would do about the situation, that's it! So get over it. I have a good friend that's been selling antiques on e bay for over 20 years, He told me a way for you to stop the guy from doing what he's doing, but guess what, I'm not gonna tell ya, and it has nothing to do about contacting e bay or the state's attorney. lolllllll, The state's attorney. That's hilarious. I bet your a real cool guy to hang around with Johnson, lol,