• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tonfulle-84 Stan Lee forgeries on eBay
5 5

369 posts in this topic

$600 per week spinning dollar box straw into Stan Lee forgeries.

I've been getting Stan Lee's autograph at conventions for over 30 years and all of these aren't even close to being genuine.

He's listing about 5-10 every 3 days. He's getting $25 to $75 each for them, and presently, the base cost for a Stan signature ticket is $100+, not including entry fee and travel expenses.

Been reading and enjoying the forum and joined today. eBay doesn't appear to be interested in these blatant forgeries, but Pow! Entertainment, Inc. has been notified.

Tonfulle-84's obvious forgeries are already being discussed on other autograph forums sites, so I thought bringing this to attention of collectors here would be good as this seller appear to be emboldened and ramping up his Lee autograph listings rather than counting his blessings to thus point and quitting while he's ahead:

Stan Lee forgeries on eBay

1 hour ago, 1950's war comics said:

you are right in they look nothing like Stan's legit signature......

Last weeks income: $600

Production cost: twenty basically worthless, junk comics = $10 total, the most + $1.99 for sharpie pen (reusable) = $12

Net profit: $588

Net risk in legal fees once Stan and/or his reps get a gander at his fraudulent enterprise = many multiples of his weekly $588 net gain. What I've been told is that since his auto hit the $100 threshold, that his people have been actively pursuing fraud.

Only a matter of time before his chickens come home to roost.

I'll take your guys' word for the signature, but Marvel Super Action?  What kind of sick person gets a Stan Lee sig on a Marvel  Super Action?

I reported it for listing practices, although they don't offer fake signature as an item.

2 hours ago, GM8 said:

I'll take your guys' word for the signature, but Marvel Super Action?  What kind of sick person gets a Stan Lee sig on a Marvel  Super Action?

A person who puts a fake signature on a cheap book. 

On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 5:58 PM, 1950's war comics said:

you are right in they look nothing like Stan's legit signature......

He is right War about the Lee signatures, But think about it, Who's fault is it really? The seller's or the buyer's for being that dumb to buy the book?  E bay is flooded with forgery garbage, not just with these Lee's. 

1 hour ago, Mercury Man said:

A person who puts a fake signature on a cheap book. 

Appears to be an operational glitch in Tonfulle-85 Stan Lee forgery production line. :applause:

This is the first few days in over a month that I haven't seen at least 3 more Stan Lee faux signatures on almost valueless books (other than for reading) listed as 3 to 7 day auctions every day.  He must frequent the CGC forum. Hopefully, he stopped before he deepened the hole he was digging for himself. :golfclap:

I'll update and advise if I see similar endeavors by other sellers. Mass produced fakes will ultimately hold the market value down on the real thing. Authentic Stan Lee signatures are plentiful enough that the population of authentic ones shouldn't be diluted with this garbage.

On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 11:13 PM, oakman29 said:

Complete forgeries.:facepalm:

Hey Oakman, What do you think about all of this? I believe Johnson and a few of these other guys are out on a limb? Before you start accusing somebody of a forgery, You better have proof! Do you realize how hard it is to prove this guy is selling fakes?

1 minute ago, Vietnam67 said:

He is right War about the Lee signatures, But think about it, Who's fault is it really? The seller's or the buyer's for being that dumb to buy the book?  E bay is flooded with forgery garbage, not just with these Lee's. 

Probably half of them wouldn't know Stan Lee's signature from Jim Lee's. They take it on faith. A portion of them may not have any comic hobby experience and are buying it because it's a $25 gift and not a $100+ expenditure. Most hobbyists looking for a Lee signature will take one look at Tonfulle-84's Stan Lee forgeries and move on. Every Nov. and Dec., scams ramp up on eBay. Sellers moving fakes or not shipping at all. It's more prevalent this time of year. In the spirit and sometime haste of gift giving, more people become less cautious.

3 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

Probably half of them wouldn't know Stan Lee's signature from Jim Lee's. They take it on faith. A portion of them may not have any comic hobby experience and are buying it because it's a $25 gift and not a $100+ expenditure. Most hobbyists looking for a Lee signature will take one look at Tonfulle-84's Stan Lee forgeries and move on. Every Nov. and Dec., scams ramp up on eBay. Sellers moving fakes or not shipping at all. It's more prevalent this time of year. In the spirit and sometime haste of gift giving, more people become less cautious.

Johnson, I totally agree, But I said before, Who's fault is it really? E bay has a 30 day return policy. If customers aren't happy with their purchase they can return the item for their money back! E bay always sides with the buyers. 

20 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

Appears to be an operational glitch in Tonfulle-85 Stan Lee forgery production line. :applause:

This is the first few days in over a month that I haven't seen at least 3 more Stan Lee faux signatures on almost valueless books (other than for reading) listed as 3 to 7 day auctions every day.  He must frequent the CGC forum. Hopefully, he stopped before he deepened the hole he was digging for himself. :golfclap:

I'll update and advise if I see similar endeavors by other sellers. Mass produced fakes will ultimately hold the market value down on the real thing. Authentic Stan Lee signatures are plentiful enough that the population of authentic ones shouldn't be diluted with this garbage.

Johnson, Five years ago, You could get Stan Lee autographs for $ 30.00, His autograph only went up in the past 3 to 4 years! 

11 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

Those Stan Lee signatures are likely as legitimate as one of these.....

Image result for three dollar bill

Ok War, I've seen enough garbage for one day. It's time to go eat some sour kraut and pork. I hope you and everyone else has a great week! I'm out ten4.