• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are there any CGC 10 for GA out there?

29 posts in this topic

Hey guys I was just wandering are there such thing as a CGC MINT 10 graded copy of an golden age books out there I mean I rarely see them for modern books so I'm sure there's no luck with GA but just curious on the topic thanks 

21 minutes ago, 90sChild said:

Has CGC ever given a useful explanation of what qualifies a 10.0 above a 9.9 or quite frankly why either is better than 9.8?

i mean i guess the only way a 10 is given is if it literally PERFECT like if it was out of the printing press and into CGC for grading, though i agree that it is impossible in my mind that any book can be a 10 there must be at least a extremley minor amount of damage from going out of the printer being stapled being shipped out to the comic shops being paced on the comic racks then someone buying it someone taking it home putting it in a box shipping it to CGC a CGC grader taking it out and grading it encapsulating it, impossible that no damage happens from all of that

as for your question i guess what makes the difference is a 10 is literally 100% flawless perfect and a 9.9 could be 99.99% flawless lol 

On 1/2/2018 at 4:42 PM, Mercury Man said:

I find the 9.8 to 9.9 thing asinine.    And in that sense, I find the 9.9 to 10.0 asinine. 

I mean there is no 8.9 or 7.9.  I think they could have made just about everyone's life a little easier by sticking to a 1 thru 10 scale, no 'point' what-evers. 

Would a 10 be a 9.5 to 9.9 rounded up?  Because I'd love to have a CGC 10 for a bunch of my CGC 9.6 books.

7 hours ago, valiantman said:

Would a 10 be a 9.5 to 9.9 rounded up?  Because I'd love to have a CGC 10 for a bunch of my CGC 9.6 books.

Good question but I think it would be a 9.0.     I think what is today's 9.8 or 9.9 would be a 10.  Because you can't tell me there is not 1 single flaw you can nitpick on a 10.   I think they over-complicated with the .5's, .6's etc. 

On 1/1/2018 at 6:35 PM, 90sChild said:

Has CGC ever given a useful explanation of what qualifies a 10.0 above a 9.9 or quite frankly why either is better than 9.8?

A book can have no flaws and still get a 9.8 . To get a 9.9/10.0 the book needs some extraordinary qualities. 4 razor sharp corners, perfect staple placement, etc.

On 1/2/2018 at 4:42 PM, Mercury Man said:

I find the 9.8 to 9.9 thing asinine.    And in that sense, I find the 9.9 to 10.0 asinine. 

I mean there is no 8.9 or 7.9.  I think they could have made just about everyone's life a little easier by sticking to a 1 thru 10 scale, no 'point' what-evers. 

1 hour ago, Mercury Man said:

Good question but I think it would be a 9.0.     I think what is today's 9.8 or 9.9 would be a 10.  Because you can't tell me there is not 1 single flaw you can nitpick on a 10.   I think they over-complicated with the .5's, .6's etc. 

I'm sorry you don't understand how the grading scale works.

6 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

It was just a thought, nothing more.  I think CGC, given their position and place in the industry, could have simplified things overall.  As for your comment above, don't pretend to know  what I do and 'don't understand' about the grading scale.   I have been in this hobby a long time.

I am sorry you don't understand how to participate in 'free thought', without being immature.   

1 hour ago, Mercury Man said:
1 hour ago, Lazyboy said:

It was just a thought, nothing more.  I think CGC, given their position and place in the industry, could have simplified things overall.  As for your comment above, don't pretend to know  what I do and 'don't understand' about the grading scale.   I have been in this hobby a long time.

I am sorry you don't understand how to participate in 'free thought', without being immature.   

giphy.gif