• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are there any CGC 10 for GA out there?

29 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, TheFifthHorseman said:

@01TheDude Had enough of BB-8?

I rotate my avatars with the seasons and movie releases. After finally seeing the Last Jedi -- and to fault of BB-8s performance --- the Star Wars avatar has to go.

Also some other goof started using the same avatar which I noticed in that thread--- sorry bub, back to the original

1 hour ago, Mercury Man said:

I think CGC, given their position and place in the industry, could have simplified things overall.  As for your comment above, don't pretend to know  what I do and 'don't understand' about the grading scale.   I have been in this hobby a long time.

I'm not the one who wrote that they should have stuck to "a 1 thru 10 scale, no 'point' what-evers" for a grading scale with 25 points. :facepalm: It's very clear that you don't understand.

If you've been in the hobby for a long time, you should also know how grading has changed over time and how the original numerical scale predated CGC. The numerical scale CGC uses actually is a simplified version of the 100-point scale from the first OGG and was created (by Overstreet) when CGC's entrance into the hobby was impending.

24 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

I'm not the one who wrote that they should have stuck to "a 1 thru 10 scale, no 'point' what-evers" for a grading scale with 25 points. :facepalm: It's very clear that you don't understand.

If you've been in the hobby for a long time, you should also know how grading has changed over time and how the original numerical scale predated CGC. The numerical scale CGC uses actually is a simplified version of the 100-point scale from the first OGG and was created (by Overstreet) when CGC's entrance into the hobby was impending.

No point in us derailing this thread.  Technically I guess it was my fault, going into the 10.0 business. 

You are more than free to PM me-----otherwise:

old.jpg

11 hours ago, Mercury Man said:

No point in us derailing this thread.  Technically I guess it was my fault, going into the 10.0 business. 

You are more than free to PM me-----otherwise:

i just wanted to know if there were any perfect golden age books, that is all(shrug)

but really are there anything "PERFECT" (shrug)

don't make this controversial the final answer is NO! a CGC 10 is not perfect, its just better than a 9.9 (HOW) idk ask CGC that-_-

Edited by Aliens

22 hours ago, Bomber-Bob said:
On 1/1/2018 at 6:35 PM, 90sChild said:

Has CGC ever given a useful explanation of what qualifies a 10.0 above a 9.9 or quite frankly why either is better than 9.8?

A book can have no flaws and still get a 9.8 . To get a 9.9/10.0 the book needs some extraordinary qualities. 4 razor sharp corners, perfect staple placement, etc.

Fingerprints are the thing I've heard.  9.8 can have fingerprints, since these are books that are meant to be read.  In addition to having all the structural and visual qualities of a 9.8, the 9.9 and 10 shouldn't have any fingerprints... which makes them freaks of the entire distribution process... shoving handfuls of freshly-printed comics into boxes that don't protect well, to be split out by the distributor, to be put on shelves, and to be handled on the way to the counter for purchasing and bagging/boarding, and (in theory) to be read and enjoyed.

Edited by valiantman