• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE 2018 SKETCH COVER MEGA THREAD
9 9

658 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Yurgo said:

Not a sketch that was done in 2018, obviously since Mr Romita has retired from drawing. Not sure if this is the right thread but I figured it was appropriate since I acquired it in 2018. I have since placed it in a uv case and glued a upside spiderman figure to the case, lol. I thought it was cool and figured I share

20180116_184400.jpg

Wow.. hard enough to find a Romita sketch, let alone getting your hands on one. Congrats mate:golfclap:

On 1/17/2018 at 12:29 PM, Ron C. said:

You are welcome. I believe Kirk Dilbeck is his representative/contact person.

Kirk is a great guy. He's helped me before.

On 1/19/2018 at 5:53 PM, ivdyer said:

Hate to sound like a broken record but this piece had me speechless when I saw it but now that it is slabbed and singed.......I mean, come om 

7FFB599F-5AEF-4518-A898-7AF379AE7C93_zps

Quite the nice comments from CGC.  https://www.facebook.com/CGCcomics/?hc_ref=ARSIOYwuc0d7R6oSW0LdnndItwl5YHCYF04oqFqgINifxgarU-AOpi029GMaK63QLmQ&fref=nf

58 minutes ago, Yurgo said:

@ivdyer you must have an incredible collection of sketch covers. Do you have them posted somewhere?

Some are posted in this thread and last years thread. I am not new to collecting but relatively new to the CGC boards.  I do have a decent collection of covers. I met Ash two years ago and have been pretty much non stop since. Can’t beat his art for the price.  This past year I have looked more for the unknowns in the industry and will continue to do so. Their prices are more reasonable and you get significantly more art.  I can’t fathom paying several thousand dollars for a head sketch or very little. Luckily some of the greats I got in the late 80’s early 90’s before prices were astronomical.