• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE 2018 SKETCH COVER MEGA THREAD
9 9

658 posts in this topic

I need to rant because I'm so upset by this. I was looking so forward to the Action Comics #1000 blank variant. And then they finally showed it off yesterday.

a1.jpg.83606e0db036c7257a892c85743b7ce0.jpg

And this is how it should have looked in my opinion. This is what would have personally made me happy.

A2.jpg.87793fe19c09d37c376ea0f5d59125ba.jpg

What do you all think?

20 hours ago, Yoshi said:

I need to rant because I'm so upset by this. I was looking so forward to the Action Comics #1000 blank variant. And then they finally showed it off yesterday.

a1.jpg.83606e0db036c7257a892c85743b7ce0.jpg

And this is how it should have looked in my opinion. This is what would have personally made me happy.

A2.jpg.87793fe19c09d37c376ea0f5d59125ba.jpg

What do you all think?

Just moving the barcode and 80 years insignia to the back would have been huge.

20 minutes ago, seanfingh said:

It's not as bad as the Marvell blanks with the red bar but removing/moving those would be better. I kinda like the #1000 though, it's a milestone issue.

I think we can all agree that the barcode belongs on the BACK COVER.

Here are the two ways I would have changed it without getting rid of all the EXCESS that DC wants for "marketing" purposes and allows for maximum white space for ACTUAL ART which is the whole point of a blank cover anyhow!!!

ac1k-DTedit.thumb.jpg.9991caa5e1220ec4aca34ae451c9881a.jpg

Edited by RadiantGraphix

14 hours ago, seanfingh said:

It's like they didn't even talk to any of their staff of artists to say, "You guys cool with drawing on this at conventions?"

11 hours ago, reptilekingdie said:

My friend picked this up from Tyler Kirkham 

That last one was from Jon Boy again, if you feel like an edit, would love to see the Kirkham :) 

7 minutes ago, Avi said:

I was thinking about trying to get the poison ivy colored.

Thoughts or ideas about getting that done?

I am tinkering with getting my Thor colored that she completed before Wondercon.  I would post but lighting is poor in the pic she sent and it would not do the piece justice.  I wanted her to color but she is not doing any color at this time or at least not until her next commission in August when she is free.    

1 minute ago, ivdyer said:

I am tinkering with getting my Thor colored that she completed before Wondercon.  I would post but lighting is poor in the pic she sent and it would not do the piece justice.  I wanted her to color but she is not doing any color at this time or at least not until her next commission in August when she is free.    

I asked her if she would be able to color it at some point...or if you would recommend some to color it, waiting for a response. As much as I love the piece, I think color would make it stand out more as Poison Ivy.