• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE 2018 SKETCH COVER MEGA THREAD
9 9

658 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Avi said:

I asked her if she would be able to color it at some point...or if you would recommend some to color it, waiting for a response. As much as I love the piece, I think color would make it stand out more as Poison Ivy.

On my piece I was told that she would not be able to go back and color as she approaches a sketch differently than one she is going to color.  I am only relaying what she told me.  

Just now, ivdyer said:

On my piece I was told that she would not be able to go back and color as she approaches a sketch differently than one she is going to color.  I am only relaying what she told me.  

Thats what I was afraid of! Darn

3 hours ago, ivdyer said:

Are the Sanders sketches done just in pencil?

5 minutes ago, ivdyer said:

Just goes to show you that you have to look everywhere. I picked this one up off Instagram at a stellar price. Ty Templeton......

050E3EFE-5F29-4712-B1FD-DF5365DC0F3F_zps

I love Ty's work...I just never have the time or the nice blanks to have him do covers. Great pick up!

5 hours ago, ivdyer said:

I have a B&W piece I bought from her a few years ago and asked if she could colour - apparently she sprays it with something, hence can't go back.

1 hour ago, ivdyer said:

I will assume so but I have not asked Natali

If it is just pencil, id think just getting someone who knows their way around a pencil, to shade it in would be the go (not sure if Nei still does color commissions in pencil) Because her style is more photo realistic, i think you'd lose her work if you got someone going in with ink/markers. But if she does spray her work with a fixative, its all a moot pointlol

A Transformers and Spider-Man sketch cover I had commissioned at the Bellingham comic con last October. I was only recently able to interview the artist, Randy Emberlin, at Emerald City Comic Con a few weeks ago about this piece. I hope some of you find it useful.

Edited by Yoshi

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 2:03 PM, ivdyer said:

Latest Ash piece.  The 100, for Eliza Taylor at Dallas Fan Expo and Henry Ian Cuisack at Comicpalooza

C98C5E4C-479A-4C2E-B6AC-F1D1150D68B1_zps3CAED217-FF8B-4F9A-97FE-BE7BA22720CE_zps

These are just next level at this point.....not even normal......

20 minutes ago, Dwitkin82 said:

These are just next level at this point.....not even normal......

Thank you!  They are better in person, I had envisioned her signature on top but when I saw the sky I just could not ruin that image.  I am going to have her sign at the bottom.  

Edited by ivdyer