• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE 2018 SKETCH COVER MEGA THREAD
9 9

658 posts in this topic

Last ones for the evening, late post office pick up.

Ash piece back from CGC

CF67F48D-3F12-44E8-B075-D102BCDAB003_zps

94132AD1-AAD7-49B5-86A1-1F52E8C3B5E7_zps

Ash Remarque. Hard to see but there are black bats down the spine (covering spine ticks) that turn into white bats over his jacket (covering small stain). This book was a 9.6 after signing, now a 9.8

5ED11B45-5592-41C5-942C-67204A6FE2FA_zps

These last two are from the same seller and was liquidating to buy a grail. For this Wolverine guy these were must have cover swipes. Ron Garney and Mark Texeria 

907E47F2-0883-43EA-9ED6-36DD36C5DA18_zps

FD39B6D6-D0F2-4531-8B72-4AD8CF61CF72_zps

48 minutes ago, ivdyer said:

Too many!   Would be a lot less if Ash was not in my hometown

Speaking of Ash...and speaking of Spawn...

:whistle:

I'll be showing something soon. :)

2 hours ago, ivdyer said:

Super stoked to see this finished and blown away by how it turned out.  Front cover by Will Torres colored by Jose Varese, back cover by Jose.  My two favorite Spawn covers on one book!

61496B3B-A13B-4E6F-87D2-F045E3FD1E3B_zpsB0BD3417-0F1F-44C9-BFAB-4017EA8010A3_zps

SUPER JEALOUS!

Those turned out fan-freakin'-tastco!

(worship)

The recreation is spot-on. I bet Todd was impressed!

But the back cover is my fave!

1 minute ago, newshane said:

SUPER JEALOUS!

Those turned out fan-freakin'-tastco!

(worship)

The recreation is spot-on. I bet Todd was impressed!

But the back cover is my fave!

Can't wait to get in back in my hands, it started as a pretty phenomenal sketch by Will.  I added the color and back piece.  

4 hours ago, ivdyer said:

Can't wait to get in back in my hands, it started as a pretty phenomenal sketch by Will.  I added the color and back piece.  

Yeah man. I love it!

I think I remember seeing you post it pre-color, and I was impressed. Looks great in color. Will really captured McFarlane's style at the time.

Had to wait on this one to get back from CGC to really see the final product, as the picture she provided was dark.  The detail is amazing, she is not currently coloring at this time.  Natali Sanders take on Thor.  I use Divinity blanks quite often for paper quality and open space if anyone is wondering why this is not on a Thor blank.  

F5E5C5ED-C15E-4966-A3D2-2979955A3CC9_zps

2 hours ago, ivdyer said:

Had to wait on this one to get back from CGC to really see the final product, as the picture she provided was dark.  The detail is amazing, she is not currently coloring at this time.  Natali Sanders take on Thor.  I use Divinity blanks quite often for paper quality and open space if anyone is wondering why this is not on a Thor blank.  

F5E5C5ED-C15E-4966-A3D2-2979955A3CC9_zps

I had a Thor blank I had considered subbing to her for a commission but I wasn't sure how female Thor would turn out.  Now I know.  her work is always stunning.