• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE 2018 SKETCH COVER MEGA THREAD
9 9

658 posts in this topic

could anyone help me please, is there anyway to get a celebrity where there isnt any comics out for it? say a tv show or old movie but there is no comics is there any blank variants that is more less just blank with no logo's that actors will sign? is that even possible?

30 minutes ago, movieman said:

could anyone help me please, is there anyway to get a celebrity where there isnt any comics out for it? say a tv show or old movie but there is no comics is there any blank variants that is more less just blank with no logo's that actors will sign? is that even possible?

There are a few titles with minimal logo that can be covered by artists. I like Divinity blanks just for that purpose.

Most celebrities I have found will sign blanks but I have run into a few that will not unless art is present. I will assume for the same reason as Stan Lee will no longer sign blanks. 

2 hours ago, ivdyer said:

There are a few titles with minimal logo that can be covered by artists. I like Divinity blanks just for that purpose.

Most celebrities I have found will sign blanks but I have run into a few that will not unless art is present. I will assume for the same reason as Stan Lee will no longer sign blanks. 

so if there was a sketch there should be no problem you think? what blanks do you use buddy apart from divinity?

1 hour ago, movieman said:

so if there was a sketch there should be no problem you think? what blanks do you use buddy apart from divinity?

I would not foresee a problem unless the art is not in good form/tasteful....hence the reason Stan no longer signs blanks.

The question you should ask is what blank your artist likes to work with. Most artists favor certain blanks due to page quality. Types of paper are easier to cover/mask. Ash likes Divinity (not Divinity II), Darth Vader, Walking Dead, etc... most of these blanks have a single logo that can be masked.

if you go back in this thread and look at what I have posted you will find examples. 

24 minutes ago, EC Phanatic said:

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.JPG

Love the concept for this tribute!

9 hours ago, Ron C. said:

From Motor City Con (with a great amount of help from Dan Partouche). A Jae Lee addition to my previously done John Timms Joker sketch cover.

Jae Lee back cover.jpg

Jae Lee Motor City.jpg

Joker Timms.jpg

Great minds.....had Jae do the same thing for my Timm’s sketch. Was a 9.8 blank, down to a 9.4 after Timm, up to a 9.6 after Jae, with a little Ash color back to a 9.8

Love those Thanos pieces...and the Poison Ivy is absolutely incredible! WOW