• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE 2018 SKETCH COVER MEGA THREAD
9 9

658 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, ivdyer said:

Was going to just get Tom Holland sig in gold and that’s it but before I cracked it I noticed some spine ticks that I thought would count against on a regrade so proposed some ideas to Ash about the twin towers and this is what we came up with.....he went overboard with painting the whole back but who am I to stop him. 

Turned out great! Ash has great talent and imagination to make this work. I definitely need to get some work done, just need to save a bit. You know those priorities always seem to get in the way..

On 5/31/2018 at 4:53 PM, ivdyer said:

A few news ones......

This Guillem March Harley Quinn

03102152-3F94-497C-8E84-EC6631B11287_zps

The next two are from little known Douglas Price.  Great guy to work with and likes to do multiple book tiered pieces as you will see.  

1BA78108-4AEC-4FEA-87FB-2E01E3BD72F7_zps

.....and this fun DK III remark

3384C7B1-318D-4DBA-B3DA-D4BAD1328F80_zps

LOVING that three book Quinn!

You should create a web page with all your books -- it would be fabulous viewing!

Much appreciated!

The three book Harley was sent with a custom stand fabricated specifically for his pieces. They align the books almost seemlessly, unlike my photo. It’s pretty amazing. Have a WW in the works! He has a four panel Iron Man that looks phenomenal (not for sale)

Edited by ivdyer

A huge thank you to Steve Lydic and Par2ch for their help with this one. I had an outstanding Bob Layton Iron Man cover that I wanted to have colored. I asked Steve to color the front and also add a sketch of his own on the back. I really love how it turned out. Thank you again to everyone involved (including A-DONIS for his help with the original Layton commission). Now back to CGC.

Layton and Lydic.jpg

Lydic Back cover.jpg

Bob Layton Iron Man.jpg

This is my first ever sketch that I had done for CGC grading :shy: shout out to @RadiantGraphix for his kindness helping me with the process suggesting and supplying the book. 

I wanted Moon Knight by creator Don Perlin, and Defender's or Avenger's were what came to mind, anyway, I think that it turned out great and am so HAPPY :) 

Don Perlin Creator Head Sketch Of Moon Knight CGC.jpg

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

This came in today with some great help from ivdyer (Thank you Charlie!).  Ash Gonzales worked his magic on a beautiful Steve Stanley front cover with a wonderful back cover of his own.... with the added bonus of a bump in grade. The Ash streak continues! 

Stanley Ash front 98.jpg

Stanley Ash back 98.jpg

1 hour ago, Ron C. said:

This came in today with some great help from ivdyer (Thank you Charlie!).  Ash Gonzales worked his magic on a beautiful Steve Stanley front cover with a wonderful back cover of his own.... with the added bonus of a bump in grade. The Ash streak continues! 

Stanley Ash front 98.jpg

Stanley Ash back 98.jpg

Happy to help.  Look great!

One that was commissioned last year and finally completed.  Thank you to Doug Peters and crew for getting this one done.

549EB6C4-5922-449A-A1CF-11A7F383D36B_zps4AD4CF8C-5087-4FC5-868B-E39988F53123_zps

Ash has been dragging his feet finally got these two done from Dallas Fan Expo, probably should stop asking him to do covers.....I won't but probably should.  Thank you to Doug Peters and crew for the Affleck signatures.  Headed to CGC.  

B2C182BF-09AB-45B0-BC17-FBF5E7695C15_zps91853BC3-D526-4A4F-ADAB-0B0E2A1F7DAF_zps