• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE 2018 SKETCH COVER MEGA THREAD
9 9

658 posts in this topic

Couple of sketches I had commissioned for Sudbury Graphic Con (Northern Ontario), Canada.

Zombie Spidey on a Walking Dead blank homage to Web of Spider-Man #32 by local zombie art master, Rob Saccheto

http://zombieportraits.com/

1661500097_zombiespidey.jpg.3e3da18d96fc143babcebed057305351.jpg

Venom by Loc Nguyen (this was a "whopping" $45 CDN) https://madmonkeylove.artstation.com/

2018-06-06-Venom-(Sketchcover-for-Tyler-Langlois).thumb.jpg.5b3d3bdaf3a8e5d187dccb960e261a10.jpg

5 minutes ago, ivdyer said:

This one has been a slow burn since last year. It’s a book that forced me to reevaluate what/how I collect because I needed to sell several books in order to make payments. Major thank you to Kwan Chang for allowing time payments and my wife for allowing me to pay it off a month early for a Fathers Day gift. Without further adieu.....

7FF65330-B19D-4BCA-822E-AC3E01323018_zps

That is still a sweet Jim Lee!!!

10 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

That is still a sweet Jim Lee!!!

Never thought I would ever own one. Focused my collection to celebrity books, sketch covers and Wolverine. Gone are the multitude variant cover days, tried to keep up and most hold very little value compared to what you purchase the for. So I sold almost all variants to make payments. 

5 minutes ago, ivdyer said:

Never thought I would ever own one. Focused my collection to celebrity books, sketch covers and Wolverine. Gone are the multitude variant cover days, tried to keep up and most hold very little value compared to what you purchase the for. So I sold almost all variants to make payments. 

Hopefully, at least, maybe they were easier to let go of...

That sketch is something to be proud of, but still, if you have to take it easy for a while, I think you'll find it worth it..

23 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Hopefully, at least, maybe they were easier to let go of...

That sketch is something to be proud of, but still, if you have to take it easy for a while, I think you'll find it worth it..

I found it easy to let go of most of what I sold and quite frankly it was an eye opener to what I really wanted focus my collection on. Happy to bypass a lot of the variants 

2 hours ago, ivdyer said:

Gone are the multitude variant cover days....

AMEN!

On 6/19/2018 at 7:42 PM, ivdyer said:

This one has been a slow burn since last year. It’s a book that forced me to reevaluate what/how I collect because I needed to sell several books in order to make payments. Major thank you to Kwan Chang for allowing time payments and my wife for allowing me to pay it off a month early for a Fathers Day gift. Without further adieu.....

7FF65330-B19D-4BCA-822E-AC3E01323018_zps

Glad to see you got it. You must be over the moon with it