• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE 2018 SKETCH COVER MEGA THREAD
9 9

658 posts in this topic

On 6/19/2018 at 4:42 PM, ivdyer said:

This one has been a slow burn since last year. It’s a book that forced me to reevaluate what/how I collect because I needed to sell several books in order to make payments. Major thank you to Kwan Chang for allowing time payments and my wife for allowing me to pay it off a month early for a Fathers Day gift. Without further adieu.....

7FF65330-B19D-4BCA-822E-AC3E01323018_zps

A commissioned sketch from Jim Lee is a grail book for sure.

How the hell did you get such a clean sig by Stan??? That's the cleanest one I've seen in a long time!

Congrats on the Goggins! He's one of my favorite actors, but I had nothing for him to sign.....if I was to get a sketch it would have been from Justified.

Did he also sign your SOA cast book?

2 hours ago, nriccijr said:

How the hell did you get such a clean sig by Stan??? That's the cleanest one I've seen in a long time!

Congrats on the Goggins! He's one of my favorite actors, but I had nothing for him to sign.....if I was to get a sketch it would have been from Justified.

Did he also sign your SOA cast book?

I got Goggins on this book, Ant-Man and Wasp and Tomb Raider books.  I did not have the stomach to crack any of my cast books, I have one with 23 sigs 9.8.  I have a SOA vest that I added Chiklis and Goggins to

2 hours ago, Eric2123 said:

Hey, new to the hobby and first post ever.  Kaare Andrews wrote one of my favorite Spidey stories, so happy to have this original Spidey piece by him.  Cheers!

A46DF7A9-F000-407C-8E54-AE0DABCCBA2F.jpeg

welcome to the boards! Nice sketch !

9 hours ago, Eric2123 said:

Hey, new to the hobby and first post ever.  Kaare Andrews wrote one of my favorite Spidey stories, so happy to have this original Spidey piece by him.  Cheers!

A46DF7A9-F000-407C-8E54-AE0DABCCBA2F.jpeg

Welcome to the hobby and the boards. Sketch covers are addicting!

Daenerys Stormborn of the House TargaryenFirst of Her Name, the Unburnt, Queen of the Andals and the First Men, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Breaker of Chains, and Mother of Dragons

by Michael Dooney on a custom blank book. Can't wait to see this beauty in person!

She will be ready to be signed by Emilia Clarke if/when she does a future signing (fingers crossed for SW celebration!?!?)

daeneryes72.jpg

Edited by nriccijr

I am planning on getting some more from Mr. Dooney in the future. His females are amazing and he can do great actress likenesses. Very reasonable for what I got...and his watercolors are beautiful! Much better and easier than trying to find a 9.6 or 9.8 photo cover magazine for licenses with no comics and such