• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE 2018 SKETCH COVER MEGA THREAD
9 9

658 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

Art by Ash.  (worship)

Signed "I can do this all day" by Chris Evans.

Much thanks to @ivdyer for getting me in touch with Ash, and to @Kevlar for facilitating the signing.

342082038_CaptainAmerica(front).thumb.JPG.37b08e9d9ef225dc652617755c1056a2.JPG1503689002_CaptainAmerica(back).thumb.JPG.f82b08a1addedf49b42bed1afc7b36d1.JPG

lol that's awesome, how did you go about getting a quote? I've seen it, but didn't want one bad enough until now lol

That's awesome :foryou:

10 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

lol that's awesome, how did you go about getting a quote? I've seen it, but didn't want one bad enough until now lol

That's awesome :foryou:

A lot of begging and pleading.  :roflmao:

I did pay a little extra for the quote.  But considering the amount spent between the commission, the signing fee, and having to sub with CGC TWICE! (Chris' original signing date was cancelled forcing me to sub to CGC or risk falling outside the authorized window in which a facilitator could hold the book), I was deadset on having the book exactly how I wanted it.  All in all, the little extra I did have to pay is totally worth it because it makes the book that much more unique, plus the quote fits the tone of the art (AND character) perfectly.

5 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

A lot of begging and pleading.  :roflmao:

I did pay a little extra for the quote.  But considering the amount spent between the commission, the signing fee, and having to sub with CGC TWICE! (Chris' original signing date was cancelled forcing me to sub to CGC or risk falling outside the authorized window in which a facilitator could hold the book), I was deadset on having the book exactly how I wanted it.  All in all, the little extra I did have to pay is totally worth it because it makes the book that much more unique, plus the quote fits the tone of the art (AND character) perfectly.

I agree that's Pretty sweet!

:golfclap:

I actually got this back a couple months ago, just too busy to post. This is my Wolverine #1 homage...sketch by Frank Miller, ink by Rubinstein, and quote by Claremont. As the facilitator tells me, he gave my book to Claremont to sign and quote. 10 minutes later he still had my book so they checked on it. He had taken the quote and googled the Japanese translation, then spent 20 minutes putting it on my book. The facilitator said he's never seen him do it before, but not sure how rare it is. CGC actually lists it as a sketch from Claremont on the label. He also sketched blood on the back and his name in blood drips...something I didn't ask for but enjoy that he did it. 

20180820_152440.jpg

20180820_152510.jpg