• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First GA purchase of 2018
4 4

116 posts in this topic

On ‎2018‎/‎01‎/‎01 at 4:09 AM, AJD said:

Since we got the new year before almost anyone else, I guess it's fitting that an Australian kicks this off.

Bought this in the Heritage weekly - which finished after lunch on Jan 1 here. :D

Planet_66.jpg.26eb4e67d1a17f585d641a2c9c0bf66b.jpg

grats!

I looked at that book.

I am trying to upgrade the copy I already own and I am finding an upgrade to be .... elusive.

7 minutes ago, telerites said:

I hadn't been able to buy much recently but treated myself to a book yesterday.  It was the last one I needed to finish my Captain Science run to have all seven issues.  Can't do a group shot since this is in transit and two issues are in for grading but I made a collage of my run below.

5a4d19ffd4b56_CAPTAINSCIENCE4VG4.5front.thumb.jpg.fa1c04e352f0778b65e0aa5c56df2cfd.jpg

5a4d257ad9a18_captainsciencetile.thumb.jpg.496fa81b164f8854d1471647122fdd9b.jpg

Love these, congrats!

On ‎02‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 3:54 PM, Artboy99 said:

grats!

I looked at that book.

I am trying to upgrade the copy I already own and I am finding an upgrade to be .... elusive.

Its a tough book to find in decent grade, even low grade copies are not overly plentiful

17 minutes ago, jhutton2 said:

Its a tough book to find in decent grade, even low grade copies are not overly plentiful

That and just my bad luck to miss the CGC 7.0 and CGC 6.0 copies that were available last year but due to silly circumstances I could not bid.

Like being stuck at work longer than I should have been and not being able to connect to the internet to place my bid, to finally getting to log in to discover it had sold less than a minute ago. :(

19 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

That and just my bad luck to miss the CGC 7.0 and CGC 6.0 copies that were available last year but due to silly circumstances I could not bid.

Like being stuck at work longer than I should have been and not being able to connect to the internet to place my bid, to finally getting to log in to discover it had sold less than a minute ago. :(

Yeah, I have been there too brother.  I remember once I jumped on to the net to place my bid as I had been watching the time on my watch.  I get on and the bidding had ended 20 minutes ago??  Turns out my watch battery had died and time was literally standing still (according to my wrist watch anyways)   I cant recall what book it was for as it was a few years ago.  That's how life rolls sometimes. :)