• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First GA purchase of 2018
4 4

116 posts in this topic

35 minutes ago, jhutton2 said:

Yeah, I have been there too brother.  I remember once I jumped on to the net to place my bid as I had been watching the time on my watch.  I get on and the bidding had ended 20 minutes ago??  Turns out my watch battery had died and time was literally standing still (according to my wrist watch anyways)   I cant recall what book it was for as it was a few years ago.  That's how life rolls sometimes. :)

yep. Not meant to be and there was a reason I was not able to buy.

:)

1 hour ago, Artboy99 said:

That and just my bad luck to miss the CGC 7.0 and CGC 6.0 copies that were available last year but due to silly circumstances I could not bid.

Like being stuck at work longer than I should have been and not being able to connect to the internet to place my bid, to finally getting to log in to discover it had sold less than a minute ago. :(

54 minutes ago, jhutton2 said:

Yeah, I have been there too brother.  I remember once I jumped on to the net to place my bid as I had been watching the time on my watch.  I get on and the bidding had ended 20 minutes ago??  Turns out my watch battery had died and time was literally standing still (according to my wrist watch anyways)   I cant recall what book it was for as it was a few years ago.  That's how life rolls sometimes. :)

I feel your pain guys. But try being in a completely different time zone if you really want some scope for missing opportunities to bid. I recall waiting to bid on a lot in a Heritage auction, and just as it came up (a bit after lunch on Monday here)the chairman of our company knocked on my office door and asked if I had a minute. "Sure... :pullhair: ".

24 minutes ago, AJD said:

I feel your pain guys. But try being in a completely different time zone if you really want some scope for missing opportunities to bid. I recall waiting to bid on a lot in a Heritage auction, and just as it came up (a bit after lunch on Monday here)the chairman of our company knocked on my office door and asked if I had a minute. "Sure... :pullhair: ".

heh. I admit to blocking my schedule at work so that I can participate in auctions.

1 hour ago, lpsunburst said:

You have to get up pretty early to get in on Ted's deals Gino, that way you get to pick up stuff like this...

MysteryMen9_123860.jpg

Bravo!! That one was priced to move for sure!!! I see you also scooped up a Wonderworld #9:golfclap: I know who picked up the Wonderworld #8 and see our buddy Entalmighty1 got the gorgeous National 7. Boards are cleaning up on those Lou Fines!! I learned one thing...gotta check my emails often doh! 

1 minute ago, gino2paulus2 said:

Bravo!! That one was priced to move for sure!!! I see you also scooped up a Wonderworld #9:golfclap: I know who picked up the Wonderworld #8 and see our buddy Entalmighty1 got the gorgeous National 7. Boards are cleaning up on those Lou Fines!! I learned one thing...gotta check my emails often doh! 

I was able to grab one other MM and one other WW as well, those runs are almost done :wishluck:

On 1/5/2018 at 2:02 PM, entalmighty1 said:

Not convinced I would ever have a better opportunity at a book that presents this nicely.  Couldn't stop myself.

National7_123890.jpg

Wonderful pick up! That cover is just so amazing. Congrats! (thumbsu

12 hours ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

Still waiting for the first one to arrive, but i got this today at an LCS...DC Atom-age goodness...

39520213362_e1acf650c2_c.jpg

My package is expected to arrive on Tuesday by 8:00 PM :whee:

Can't wait to see what you got! :popcorn:

Edited by creaturefan95
war is hell