• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East Coast ComiCon 2018

9 posts in this topic

Hey All! I am new to the CGC boards, just wanted to say hi and see if anyone had a list of the artists/writers appearing at the 2018 East Coast ComiCon? Has anyone here ever had any books signed/witnessed at this Con? I understand that it is a facilitator (Desert Wind Comics) doing the witnessing and processing and not CGC themselves. Can anyone tell me what to expect? Has anyone dealt with Desert Wind in the past? Any issues I should be aware of? Thanks!

To find a list of artists/creators at a con, generally you can run a google search for that convention.  And typically that convention will have a website.  And typically listed on the website there is a list of creators/artists that will appear.  I would try that.  There is also usually an "Appearances" Thread in this subforum that has links to various cons.

Also, for logistics specifics of what to expect, you should probably contact Desert Wind directly, as setups and processes may vary somewhat from con to con. 

As for issues, you can probably run a search within this subforum using the key words 'Desert Wind' and get a thread or two about them.  I think 'most' people think they're 'generally good enough, though probably not the best'.  I think there were a bunch of issues a few years ago, but seem to be less now....?  Maybe others will chime in.

It's a weird idea to just send someone books and money but it works out here really well the vast majority of the time.  I've been out of the trenches lately but will try to get the "Appearances" thread up and running again soon.  It lists creators and facilitators in an effort to make it all easy for those that participate.  

The East Coast Comic Con has been a fantastic show for those of us that prefer the older creators and the lineup this year is no exception! 

Edited by MedicAR

Hi Jon-

Scorpion Comics will be at this show. We will have Kyle Starks as our special guest whom we are bringing.

We are also a CGC Signature Series Facilitator.

I do think that CGC might be at this show however.....not really sure.

email me at NYComics@gmail.com if you have any questions.

Best,
Sean

Desert Wind’s Celestial Comics will be the official facilitator for the show. We have been offering the CGC Signature Series service at ECCC for the last three years running. We work closely with the Promoter to provide CGC service to attendees of the show. We will have witnesses available. We will also be bringing in guests, Larry Lieber and Joe Giella. Possibly a few others as well. And we will be accepting submissions for the Legends Tour which will include John Romita, Sal Buscema, Tom DeFalco, Don Perlin, Gerry Conway, David Michelinie,  and Michael Kaluta. We will also be accepting submissions for the Todd McFarlane CGC Signing taking place in June. If you have any questions, please email us at Sharon@celestial-comics.com. Thank you.

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 5:30 PM, MedicAR said:

It's a weird idea to just send someone books and money but it works out here really well the vast majority of the time.  

Yep.  It's a weird concept to a newcomer, but it's very common.  However, it's always HIGHLY recommended that you do your due diligence on a person before sending them your books.  There is a feedback forum here, but you're not allowed to put anything negative there, so it's not terribly helpful.  Before sending books to someone, be sure to run a search on the forums of the person's handle along with other keywords like "problems" or "issues".  If you find nothing but good things about that person, you're likely fine.  If you do find some issues, it's something to take into consideration. 

There's a lot of good people here, but it never hurts to do a little research to protect yourself.  (thumbsu