• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rich's JANUARY s/s pre-sale thread--Gerard Way (My Chemical Romance), Campbell, Steranko, Walking Dead 175 Sienkiewicz, etc
3 3

100 posts in this topic

Welcome to my January Pre-Sale thread----lots of great stuff to announce as we roll through the month.

As with all my previous monthly pre-sale threads, all books are pre-screened and culled from the finest 9.8 candidates.

The costs associated with each post is indicative of all expenses from cost of book, my time, any signature related fees, any pressing that may need to be introduced to bring it from borderline 9.6 to a full blown 9.8, shipping costs anywhere USA door to door, CGC invoicing fees, etc.

I'll be posting ops for books that are physically in hand and pre-screened for 9.8 standards, as well as posting for books that may not have shipped yet, but because due to limitations of availability, I always need to get my orders in EARLY so as to ensure that I have enough for everyone, as well as some extra either for inventory or to make sure that everyone gets exactly what they ordered.  

My goal is to deliver 9.8 graded signature series books, prices listed inclusive of all costs associated with the op right down to shipping.

Prices associated with each post is all inclusive of all costs right down to shipping anywhere USA.  Outside the U.S., I charge additional based on weight of the box.

I've been asked "Can you guarantee a 9.8?"

I can guarantee that I won't be shipping you out a 9.6 , if that helps answer that question.  I'm not a professional grader (meaning I don't get paid to grade, but I've got a really good eye), and I've been doing this for 15 years and I'm pretty good at what I do.  My reputation speaks for itself.

That being said, anything can happen----a book could get damaged, a box lost, it's not an exact science but I am more than happy to grant full refunds if you're not satisfied or you can return the book.   If anything goes wrong on my end, I'll call you directly to discuss which way you want to roll----credit, a discount, a different book or a full refund.

There is just ONE (1) addendum that I want to throw out there----and that's special requests. I have no problem at all with special requests-----if you see something is coming up and you want me to try and work it, just LMK.  Just because it's not in my thread, doesn't mean I can't/won't do it.  It's just that it may not be something I am looking at.  One other notation about special requests, is that sometimes I am asked to add special additional things  to a book you're interested in from the pre-sale thread.  For example, a remark, or an additional signature.  

I don't typically have a return policy for pre-sales since you are requesting an item/order specific with full disclosure of what you will be receiving.  However, you are either 100% satisfied or we work together until you are!

With that being said, let's roll forward.

INVOICES

Taxmick1  Inv. 2913

X-Men Grand Design (corner box variant) #1 s/s Stan Lee & Chris Claremont SHIPPED CV060483977US

Hannibal151  Inv. 2914

X-Men Grand Design (corner box variant) #1 s/s Stan Lee & Chris Claremont w/Stan label

Shreepatel  Inv. 2923

X-Men Grand Design (corner box variant) #1 s/s Stan Lee & Chris Claremont w/Stan label SHIPPED 9407809699937775300297

Taxmick1  Inv. 2915

Strangers in Paradise XXV #1 s/s Terry Moore w/remark (x2)

Taxmick1  Inv. 2928

Avengers #676 (Brooks variant cover) s/s Mark Waid & Mark Brooks SHIPPED CV060483977US

Taxmick1  Inv. 2933

Amazing Spider-Man #789 (Alex Ross / Romita lenticular variant) s/s Paul Soles SHIPPED CV060483977US

Taxmick1  Inv. 2932

Spectacular Spider-Man #300 s/s Zdarsky & Kubert  (Alex Ross 1/50 variant) + Romita

shreepatel  Inv. 2937

Spectacular Spider-Man #300 s/s Zdarsky & Kubert (Alex Ross 1/50 variant) + Romita & Stan Lee

rrrxr6  Inv. 2934

Avengers Infinity War: Prelude #1 s/s Dave Bautista, Karen Gillan, Pom Klementieff, Michael Rooker, Sebastian Stan SHIPPED 9407809699939251437145

Ruler  Inv. 2936

Avengers Infinity War Prelude #1 s/s Sebastian Stan SHIPPED CV061389828US

Bowchigabowwow  Inv. 2917

Walking Dead #175 (Sienkiewicz variant) s/s Bill Sienkiewicz
Walking Dead #176 (Sienkiewicz variant) s/s Bill Sienkiewicz

Drill423  Inv. 2922

Old Man Hawkeye #1 (1/50 Steve McNiven variant) s/s McNiven

Drill423  Inv. 2930

Avengers #676 (Brooks variant cover) blue universal 9.8 SHIPPED 9407809699939146442858

MultiSig Mike  Inv. 2929

SILVER SURFER #1 (Third Eye variant) s/s Jim Starlin & Al Milgrom, Slott, Mike & Laura Alred (x2) SHIPPED 9405503699300231709061

Edited by Rich_Henn

JLA Doom Patrol Special #1 s/s Gerard Way & Steve Orlando (co-writers) - $130

Milk Wars part 1

'MILK WARS' part one! Welcome to the un-event of the year! Kicking off a line-wide adventure, DC's Young Animal collides with the DC Universe to bring you a different kind of crossover. The Doom Patrol has discovered that an interdimensional corporation called RetCo has been stealing stories, reconfiguring them and repackaging them for new markets. Our gang of misfit heroes have felt the touch of this nefarious company, and it has already started to change them. Even scarier, though, is how deeply RetCo has embedded itself into current continuity, using the radioactive milk of psychic cows to quell the more dangerous impulses of the Justice League and turn them into heroes safe for the masses. And to kick this off, RetCo has gone all the way to the top. Meet Milkman Man, heretofore unknown final son of Krypton, who was sent to our planet to save him from the destruction of his homeworld, only to be adopted by an evil dairy farmer and raised to love all things dairy! Co-plotted by Steve Orlando and Gerard Way, with art by ACO (MIDNIGHTER), this extra-sized special starts 'Milk Wars' with a splash! Plus, who is Eternity Girl, and how does she connect to this whole scheme? A special four-part back-up feature by Magdalene Visaggio (Kim and Kim) and Sonny Liew (The Art of Charlie Chan Hock Chye) begins here.

dec170225.jpg

Edited by Rich_Henn

Mother Panic Batman Special #1 s/s Jody Houser & Ty Templeton - $120

MILK WARS' part two! Mother Panic has discovered a Gotham City transformed. What happened to her family and friends? And who moved into Gather House, the religious school that scarred Mother Panic as a young girl? It's Father Bruce, the orphan millionaire who decided to give back to society by filling the deep demand for sidekicks. So many Robins in need of a nest! Plus, part two of the Eternity Girl backup story!

***Houser and Templeton s/s later in the year----can add Gerard Way and Orlando if you're interested

dec170226.jpg

Edited by Rich_Henn

Shade the Changing Girl Wonder Woman Special #1 s/s Mirka Andolfo & Magdalene Vissagio - $120

“MILK WARS” part three! Shade has been split into multiple parts, each representing a different mood, all in service to the perfect and beautiful Wonder Wife. But Happy Shade is starting to sense that not all is right in Wonderland, and she finds something strange staring back at her on the other side of the looking glass! Plus, part three of the Eternity Girl backup story! 

Can add Gerard Way & Steve Orlando by request, no additional charge (by request)

shadewgirl.jpg

3 hours ago, 1p36DSA said:

any green lantern 38's? came out today

2 hours ago, Rich_Henn said:

Yep... posting both covers later!

Whats the deal with this issue? Hearing some buzz about it...

Green Lanterns #38 (standard cover) s/s Tim Seeley - $125

1st appearance of Red Tide  

**Universal blue 9.8 optional - $110

Most shops under ordered this and sold out

FIVE (5) spots to start, then a wait list

gl38A.jpg

Edited by Rich_Henn

Green Lanterns #38 (Brandon Peterson variant cover) s/s Tim Seeley - $135

1st appearance of Red Tide  

**Universal blue 9.8 optional - $120

Most shops under ordered this and sold out

FIVE (5) spots to start, then a wait list

gl38B.jpg

X-Men Grand Design (corner box variant) #1 s/s Stan Lee & Chris Claremont - $275

Add Stan Lee premium label optional - $25

Blue universal 9.8  -$95

**(another under ordered book---most shops again appear to be sold out)

Five (5) spots

xmendesign.jpg

Edited by Rich_Henn

16 minutes ago, Rich_Henn said:

X-Men Grand Design (corner box variant) #1 s/s Stan Lee & Chris Claremont - $275

Add Stan Lee premium label optional - $25

Blue universal 9.8  -$95

**(another under ordered book---most shops again appear to be sold out)

Five (5) spots

xmendesign.jpg

:takeit:Rich: One SS book for $275 - thanks - Mike

I've got a signing with writer Jim Zub coming up right around the corner---and this one drops next week.

AVENGERS #675 (lenticular Brooks variant)  s/s Jim Zub & Mark Brooks - $125

***(PROBABLY able to add co-writer Mark Waid and I THINK that I saw Al Ewing on a recent guest list too)

"No surrender" Pt. 1

unlimited spots

avengers675.jpg

AVENGERS #675 (Skottie Young variant)  s/s Jim Zub & Skottie Young - $125

***(PROBABLY able to add co-writer Mark Waid and I THINK that I saw Al Ewing on a recent guest list too)

"No surrender" Pt. 1

Five (5) spots

avengers675young.jpg

AVENGERS #675 (Mike McKone variant)  s/s Jim Zub & Mike McKone - $125

"No surrender" Pt. 1

Ten (10) spots

AVENGERS_MCKONE_VAR-600x923.jpg