• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Terry’s California Comic Con 2018
8 8

255 posts in this topic

59 minutes ago, Mmehdy said:

one of the greatest movies ever made and with a  limited or no release...check out "nothing Lasts Forever"..SCFI/thought  provoking, amazing, I think this a a screen shot from that movie?

While I know nothing about the movie you mentioned and may have to check it out,  I think these signing twins  are from the Movie  MOTHRA

15 hours ago, rjpb said:

The thing I noticed was how old the collecting community is. When I used to go to the Shrine shows back in the early-mid 90s, the median age seemed to be about 30, this one seemed closer to 50, and 90% of the dealers seem at least that old as well. Makes me wonder if the hobby has legs, long run.

1 hour ago, Mmehdy said:

Most of the new collectors buy online,  go to SDCC/NYCC WE the early collectors remember how fun a true comic book show really is....so this is off their radar, which is great, seems like they need to get a bit bigger venue next year or more rooms, I will be going next year, see everybody there.

That wasn't my perception at all! 

There are A LOT of younger collectors out there, and I felt like they were pretty well represented in Yorba Linda from my experience at the show. There's a very active community of younger collectors outside of these boards, and a lot of them were in that long line to get in.

With that said, I had an absolutely amazing time - it truly is the best comics-only show. I met a lot of awesome collectors (including boardies), both young and old :)

-Gene (I'm in my 30s if anyone's wondering) 

On 1/28/2018 at 6:43 PM, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

Rob Liefeld walked right in the convention without waiting in line. I had a couple cards I asked him to sign but he said he wasn’t signing and was there like everyone else :smirk:

Sounds like a contradiction here if he there like everybody else, and yet he just walked in without waiting in line.  (tsk)  lol

54 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Sounds like a contradiction here if he there like everybody else, and yet he just walked in without waiting in line.  (tsk)  lol

Exactly O.o Unannounced no one was expecting him to be there so it’s not like everyone had stuff for him to sign. I’m sure most people didn’t even know who he was.