• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Terry’s California Comic Con 2018
8 8

255 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, BitterOldMan said:

Bechara Maloof, owner of Nostalgic Investments.

Congratulations on the Fight Against Crime 20.  I saw you purchase the book. 

Thanks for the info I'll contact him. I was bummed I had to take off early. Would have been cool to hang out all day and meet some of you guys!  

4 hours ago, Axmen said:

Thanks for the info I'll contact him. I was bummed I had to take off early. Would have been cool to hang out all day and meet some of you guys!  

Actually the dealer was Bill Ponsetti of Fantastic World's Comics in Arizona.  I was looking at the Hughes OA myself and was interested in probably picking up a piece or two.

5 hours ago, Axmen said:

Hey Axmen, I was the one who sold you the Fight Against Crime 20. I didn't know you were a board member. Thanks for your patronage! A great book for sure. It sure wouldn't have been there if I didn't have a better one.  :devil:

4 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Hey Axmen, I was the one who sold you the Fight Against Crime 20. I didn't know you were a board member. Thanks for your patronage! A great book for sure. It sure wouldn't have been there if I didn't have a better one.  :devil:

Hey Robotman thanks for the book.  You seemed to be pretty busy at the time, so I figured I'd come back later but didn't get a chance.  I happened to be down there for a music convention at Anaheim Convention Center so I stopped by to check it out after reading how all you guys raved about how awesome that CON is for GA books! Yes it did not disappoint.  But I will definitely make sure and bring a LOT more cash next year!  And hopefully stay the whole time. 

Oh and let me know if you happen to have an extra Crime Does Not Pay 24 by chance!!

Edited by Axmen

4 hours ago, loboagain said:

Actually the dealer was Bill Ponsetti of Fantastic World's Comics in Arizona.  I was looking at the Hughes OA myself and was interested in probably picking up a piece or two.

Thanks LOBOAGAIN - I went to his site and yep thats him!  Thanks:  Yeah man that Hughes stuff was fantastic!  Bechara Maloof, owner of Nostalgic Investments is probably wondering what the hell I was talking about in my email. HA

6 hours ago, Axmen said:

Hey Robotman thanks for the book.  You seemed to be pretty busy at the time, so I figured I'd come back later but didn't get a chance.  I happened to be down there for a music convention at Anaheim Convention Center so I stopped by to check it out after reading how all you guys raved about how awesome that CON is for GA books! Yes it did not disappoint.  But I will definitely make sure and bring a LOT more cash next year!  And hopefully stay the whole time. 

Oh and let me know if you happen to have an extra Crime Does Not Pay 24 by chance!!

Yeah, it was an insane day all day long. Sadly, I no longer have a CDNP 24. Foolishly sold it long ago and have never replaced it.

Did you go to the NAM show? I usually go every year but couldn't make it this time.

On 1/31/2018 at 8:15 AM, Robot Man said:

Yeah, it was an insane day all day long. Sadly, I no longer have a CDNP 24. Foolishly sold it long ago and have never replaced it.

Did you go to the NAM show? I usually go every year but couldn't make it this time.

Yeah the NAMM show.  Guitars are my main addiction.  Comics #2!  

1 hour ago, Axmen said:

Yeah the NAMM show.  Guitars are my main addiction.  Comics #2!  

I'd say comics are #1 for me but I am an electric guitar junkie. Have 5 of them and would to have more but my wife doesn't any more under the bed :insane:  I like the old sweaty vintage ones and tube amps.  I am going to try to work out a comic trade for his Gretsch Country Gentleman. 

24 minutes ago, Axmen said:

Is this convention happening again this year?  Last year you guys were talking about it a lot - this year Nothing.

Check the comic event thread it is happening 

3 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Tough book, one I rarely see. I think I sold it right after you passed. Didn't I sell you another one once? What happened to it?   :sorry:

You coming again this year Rick?

No I didn’t sell another one since - as far as I can remember. 

I will be there.