• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Terry’s California Comic Con 2018
8 8

255 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

Exactly O.o so it’s not like everyone had stuff for him to sign. I’m sure most people didn’t even know who he was. 

Liefeld was the 'artiste' with the sign that said '$50 to initial your New Mutants #98 RLd' for Cgc $$ or free to sign Young Blood #1. 2c

I was by Terry's  booth most of the day.  I heard one of the workers mention the crowd ad being 500. Vs only 350 last year.  I did not get there til 11.  While i had trouble finding parking thete was no line to get in.  It was very crowded inside until at least 3pm

Hey the show was awesome. I was only there maybe an hour but managed to spend 2500$ for a decent copy of Fight Against Crime 20 and some other cool things. But can someone tell me the name of the gentleman who was selling original art right next to the door leading out to the patio (the left side if you are facing the door) - he had tons of Steven Hughes art from his estate - I was contemplating which piece to buy and an emergency came up and I had to leave right away. Please let me know if anyone knows who I'm talking about. Somebody like Terry must know. Thanks guys. I'll make sure and bring lots more money next year. 

7 hours ago, Axmen said:

Hey the show was awesome. I was only there maybe an hour but managed to spend 2500$ for a decent copy of Fight Against Crime 20 and some other cool things. But can someone tell me the name of the gentleman who was selling original art right next to the door leading out to the patio (the left side if you are facing the door) - he had tons of Steven Hughes art from his estate - I was contemplating which piece to buy and an emergency came up and I had to leave right away. Please let me know if anyone knows who I'm talking about. Somebody like Terry must know. Thanks guys. I'll make sure and bring lots more money next year. 

Bechara Maloof, owner of Nostalgic Investments.

Congratulations on the Fight Against Crime 20.  I saw you purchase the book. 

15 minutes ago, BitterOldMan said:

Picture compliments of Robot Man.  Any boardie remember who had this wall of books for sale.  Thanks.

IMG_2141.jpg

I bought the Sheena (Jumbo Comics) from him, so I think it was Empire Comics.  Your picture reminds me that I meant to ask him about the Doll Man.  Ugh!

40 minutes ago, n2wdw said:

I bought the Sheena (Jumbo Comics) from him, so I think it was Empire Comics.  Your picture reminds me that I meant to ask him about the Doll Man.  Ugh!

Yes, I believe it was. Bob is a boardie as well outta San Diego. Great guy to deal with. 

53 minutes ago, Robot Man said:
1 hour ago, n2wdw said:

Yes, I believe it was. Bob is a boardie as well outta San Diego. Great guy to deal with. 

I have bought from Bob (Empire Comics several times before).  I'll second that he is good to deal with.  Last time, I emailed him, he had become disenchanted with the boards and hadn't posted in some time.  He may be back but I usually contact him through his website.