Terry’s California Comic Con 2018
8 8

255 posts in this topic

531 posts
10 hours ago, BitterOldMan said:

Bechara Maloof, owner of Nostalgic Investments.

Congratulations on the Fight Against Crime 20.  I saw you purchase the book. 

Thanks for the info I'll contact him. I was bummed I had to take off early. Would have been cool to hang out all day and meet some of you guys!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23,367 posts
9 hours ago, shortboxed said:

OW/W :luhv:

cap27ig.jpg

One of the best of the run.  Wonderful copy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,025 posts
4 hours ago, Axmen said:

Thanks for the info I'll contact him. I was bummed I had to take off early. Would have been cool to hang out all day and meet some of you guys!  

Actually the dealer was Bill Ponsetti of Fantastic World's Comics in Arizona.  I was looking at the Hughes OA myself and was interested in probably picking up a piece or two.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24,282 posts
5 hours ago, Axmen said:

Thanks for the info I'll contact him. I was bummed I had to take off early. Would have been cool to hang out all day and meet some of you guys!  

Hey Axmen, I was the one who sold you the Fight Against Crime 20. I didn't know you were a board member. Thanks for your patronage! A great book for sure. It sure wouldn't have been there if I didn't have a better one.  :devil:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
531 posts
4 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Hey Axmen, I was the one who sold you the Fight Against Crime 20. I didn't know you were a board member. Thanks for your patronage! A great book for sure. It sure wouldn't have been there if I didn't have a better one.  :devil:

Hey Robotman thanks for the book.  You seemed to be pretty busy at the time, so I figured I'd come back later but didn't get a chance.  I happened to be down there for a music convention at Anaheim Convention Center so I stopped by to check it out after reading how all you guys raved about how awesome that CON is for GA books! Yes it did not disappoint.  But I will definitely make sure and bring a LOT more cash next year!  And hopefully stay the whole time. 

Oh and let me know if you happen to have an extra Crime Does Not Pay 24 by chance!!

Edited by Axmen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
531 posts
4 hours ago, loboagain said:

Actually the dealer was Bill Ponsetti of Fantastic World's Comics in Arizona.  I was looking at the Hughes OA myself and was interested in probably picking up a piece or two.

Thanks LOBOAGAIN - I went to his site and yep thats him!  Thanks:  Yeah man that Hughes stuff was fantastic!  Bechara Maloof, owner of Nostalgic Investments is probably wondering what the hell I was talking about in my email. HA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24,282 posts
6 hours ago, Axmen said:

Hey Robotman thanks for the book.  You seemed to be pretty busy at the time, so I figured I'd come back later but didn't get a chance.  I happened to be down there for a music convention at Anaheim Convention Center so I stopped by to check it out after reading how all you guys raved about how awesome that CON is for GA books! Yes it did not disappoint.  But I will definitely make sure and bring a LOT more cash next year!  And hopefully stay the whole time. 

Oh and let me know if you happen to have an extra Crime Does Not Pay 24 by chance!!

Yeah, it was an insane day all day long. Sadly, I no longer have a CDNP 24. Foolishly sold it long ago and have never replaced it.

Did you go to the NAM show? I usually go every year but couldn't make it this time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,659 posts
On 1/30/2018 at 11:13 AM, shortboxed said:

OW/W :luhv:

cap27ig.jpg

Big congrats on this and the rest of your haul. Very nice books and right in line with my tastes! In time, I'd love to get a copy of this Cap or similar, in similar grade!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
531 posts
On 1/31/2018 at 8:15 AM, Robot Man said:

Yeah, it was an insane day all day long. Sadly, I no longer have a CDNP 24. Foolishly sold it long ago and have never replaced it.

Did you go to the NAM show? I usually go every year but couldn't make it this time.

Yeah the NAMM show.  Guitars are my main addiction.  Comics #2!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24,282 posts
1 hour ago, Axmen said:

Yeah the NAMM show.  Guitars are my main addiction.  Comics #2!  

I'd say comics are #1 for me but I am an electric guitar junkie. Have 5 of them and would to have more but my wife doesn't any more under the bed :insane:  I like the old sweaty vintage ones and tube amps.  I am going to try to work out a comic trade for his Gretsch Country Gentleman. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
531 posts

Is this convention happening again this year?  Last year you guys were talking about it a lot - this year Nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18,752 posts
24 minutes ago, Axmen said:

Is this convention happening again this year?  Last year you guys were talking about it a lot - this year Nothing.

Check the comic event thread it is happening 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24,282 posts

Yep, still going off 1/27. Same spot.

Starting to look through the junk pile to see what pretties I can bring for you guys.

Here’s some boardies visiting my booth last year with their purchases or just holding stuff they were too cheap to buy. :devil:

Who’s going this year?

B7FC9C4E-33A0-4799-986E-BB8EF56BDF1B.jpeg

E6B3DEB1-4735-4B13-8D0E-05727F168D14.jpeg

C2B44ED4-3553-4BB1-9D18-CC0D46377402.jpeg

E98298BC-3739-4362-A5C7-D834B8690334.jpeg

AA711DE4-4F0F-4993-8E70-4C797380381D.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19,815 posts

I have thought about that tv teens all year.  I’m not even joking that’s how much I regret not buying it.  I’m not even joking that’s how much I regret not buying it @Robot Man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24,282 posts

Tough book, one I rarely see. I think I sold it right after you passed. Didn't I sell you another one once? What happened to it?   :sorry:

You coming again this year Rick?

Edited by Robot Man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19,815 posts
3 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Tough book, one I rarely see. I think I sold it right after you passed. Didn't I sell you another one once? What happened to it?   :sorry:

You coming again this year Rick?

No I didn’t sell another one since - as far as I can remember. 

I will be there.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
8 8