• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman 2 worth the press?
1 1

13 posts in this topic

Ok. Admittedly I should have decided this first but that ship has sailed. Itcame back a 4.0 which I thought was nice. Hovever the twisting spine roll is a big defect. If I crack it out and have it pressed by cgc sister company, any guesses about grade after? If it comes back even a 4.5 I would think it was worth the investment. But I don’t have much experience getting books pressed. Think they could get this one straightened out and if so chances  of a bump in grade?

E38AB364-92CF-463C-9C9D-CE6B251AED93.jpeg

BAAE6436-65B2-43C1-B338-4768769C1FAB.jpeg

5C622D25-3C4B-499B-B3D2-7FA38C913F53.jpeg

ED6EA858-9C4C-427F-83A6-1B45A580084F.jpeg

252B4263-F05E-43FC-A30B-5146556DA074.jpeg

5EF1326E-CAB0-44FF-BB82-F29C1BE1382C.jpeg

1BF56D0C-5B2D-4599-89AD-924F57FF61AD.jpeg

The spine roll isn't mentioned in the grading notes, so other than eye appeal I'm not sure it would bump the grade up.  You might end up with a flat 4.0.  I guess it would depend on how much you have into it and then what pressing costs.  I'm not a big fan of pressing myself and the spine roll to me means some kid loved this thing enough that it got dog eared. 

Nice book!

21 hours ago, AndyFish said:

The spine roll isn't mentioned in the grading notes, so other than eye appeal I'm not sure it would bump the grade up.  You might end up with a flat 4.0.  I guess it would depend on how much you have into it and then what pressing costs.  I'm not a big fan of pressing myself and the spine roll to me means some kid loved this thing enough that it got dog eared. 

Nice book!

If the spine roll is not mentioned in the notes that is CGC telling you the defect did not affect the grade. No reason to take a chance and risk possible harm to the book. To get out the spine roll, it is more than a simple press. Who knows if a book this old can take the pressure (pun intended) ? The upside is it will look better but probably get the same grade. The downside is a popped staple, detached cover, and a very poor decision. I would NOT work on this book.

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 12:15 PM, Ahsoka Tano Jedi Apprentice said:

I'd b really happy with that 4.0 and not sink any more money into it.

+1. Nothing to be gained by pressing it. And the paper looks weak at the bottom of the back cover. I'd be afraid to have heat and/or moisture applied. Might do more harm than good.