• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sub-Mariner 1 6.5 12/17 sale info?

6 posts in this topic

Happy new year.  Was looking for help if anyone has a link to where the 6.5 copy that was sold per gpa on 12/17 for $18,850?  

There's a 6.5 currently at auction on the Bay and I'm curious to know if that is the same copy being sold or if it's a different copy.

Thanks!

11 minutes ago, atomised said:

Happy new year.  Was looking for help if anyone has a link to where the 6.5 copy that was sold per gpa on 12/17 for $18,850?  

There's a 6.5 currently at auction on the Bay and I'm curious to know if that is the same copy being sold or if it's a different copy.

Thanks!

Unless it was reslabbed, it is a different copy as the GPA sale you mentioned has a different cert number.  It also had light tan - ow pages and was graded in December of 2012.  The Ebay listing was graded June of 2016 so it could have been resubbed as all I am going on is the cert number and no scan of the GPA sale.

It looks like the sold copy was this one ( best price accepted - so lower than listed). Sale seems shady - as it was done with no image, and for well over FMV. It was described as having Light Tan to Off-white pages - so not the same.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sub-Mariner-Comics-1-Timely-1941-CGC-6-5-Key-Golden-Age-CGC-1109918002-/253339467757?hash=item3afc357fed%3Ag%3Ad14AAOSwkLhaSbpN&nma=true&si=ADGxGcoYG6TSDnynt2upRUbTEDg%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

7 minutes ago, telerites said:

Unless it was reslabbed, it is a different copy as the GPA sale you mentioned has a different cert number.  It also had light tan - ow pages and was graded in December of 2012.  The Ebay listing was graded June of 2016 so it could have been resubbed as all I am going on is the cert number and no scan of the GPA sale.

Thanks.  I pinged the seller to ask if the book was pressed in the recent slabbing but have not heard back yet.

Book sold for $15,656.  Strong price for this copy.  The seller couldn't give me any history on pressing or past owners and I couldn't pull the trigger to participate as a result.  That said, a good outcome for the buyer.

14 hours ago, atomised said:

Book sold for $15,656.  Strong price for this copy.  The seller couldn't give me any history on pressing or past owners and I couldn't pull the trigger to participate as a result.  That said, a good outcome for the buyer.

I was in for a while but it really jumped up the last minute.