• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Closed: Avengers 4, Hero for Hire 1, JLA 1, Jumbo 155 8.5, Silver Surfer 1, Frazetta, Crime and Punishment 1 7.0

36 posts in this topic

Normal Rules

No HOS or Probies

US Destinations only

Paypal or check ok

USPS Insured Shipping is included in the price

1st :takeit: in the thread wins it.

Returns within 2 weeks are fine.  You pay insured shipping back to me.

Here's what's left unsold in this thread:

ASM 135 raw 9.2-9.4

Justice League of America 1 CGC 4.5

Jumbo Comics 155 CGC 8.5

Silver Surfer 1 raw 4.0

Strange Worlds 3 raw 1.5 +bonus

Strange Worlds 19 raw 3.0 +bonus

DD 6 CGC 7.5

DD 183 CGC 9.8

Four COlor 1186 Yak Yak CGC 6.0

Crime & Punishment 1 CGC 7.0

CGC Combo of: HFH 1 6.5, Spectre 1 7.0, Defenders10 7.5, IM 3 7.0

Edited by gadzukes

SOLD Authentic Police Cases 16 - raw - Matt Baker cover (and to me it looks like all the interior art is Baker)

3.0ish

Cover & CF are secure at both staples.  Tiny amount of bug chew along right edge.  1" spine split at top.  Bottom staple shows a little rust, but there is no migration to the pages.  There is a hint of a stain along the bottom left of many interior pages (if you look at my splash photo you will see it).  Spine has some wear, but all in all it's holding together well.

P1140344.JPG

Edited by gadzukes

SOLD Avengers 4 - raw - unrestored

This gorgeous copy has the appearance of a 7.5-8.0, but there is a 1 1/2" tear from the bottom edge up through Thor's Hammer (yes Mjolnir should have stopped the tear).  The back cover has a super tiny stain at the bottom (it barely even shows in the photo)

I'm saying 6.0-6.5

$1650  $1599  $1529 shipped 

P1140102.JPG

P1140105.JPG

Edited by gadzukes

SOLD JIM 84 - raw - unrestored

4.5ish 

Cover & CF are solid at the staples.  No major flaws, but just enough wear to take it down to the 5.0 range.  Front cover is nice & flat, a press will make the back cover look nicer.

$370 $340  $310 shipped

P1140336.JPG

Edited by gadzukes

2 hours ago, gadzukes said:

Authentic Police Cases 16 - raw - Matt Baker cover (and to me it looks like all the interior art is Baker)

3.0ish

Cover & CF are secure at both staples.  Tiny amount of bug chew along right edge.  1" spine split at top.  Bottom staple shows a little rust, but there is no migration to the pages.  There is a hint of a stain along the bottom left of many interior pages (if you look at my splash photo you will see it).  Spine has some wear, but all in all it's holding together well.

$125 shipped

P1140344.JPG

P1140345.JPG

P1140347.JPG

P1140348.JPG

take per pm

I thought these two would make a nice combo

Strange Worlds 19 (AVON) & Space Mysteries 9 (IW) - raw -

Unrestored

SW 19 is 3.0ish - It presents really well for it's grade.  The spine is a little fragile with a little splitting in the middle.  Cover & CF are both firmly attached at the staples.

SM 9 is really low grade.  No better than a 1.5.  2" spine split at the bottom, 2" spine split at the top.  A couple of tears, a couple of small pieces missing.  Cover & CF still attached at both staples

$60 $50 shipped

P1140351.JPG

P1140352.JPG

Edited by gadzukes

Strange Worlds 3 (Frazetta art!!!) & Strange Planets 1 - raw -

This listing is basically for the SW3 because of the Frazetta.  I'm adding the SP1 as a bonus because of the cover swipe.

Strange Worlds 3 is low grade.  1.5 at the most.  Piece missing lower right.  Tiny piece missing on free edge of back cover, tiny round piece missing on back cover.  The cover & CF are firmly attached at the staples. There's some moisture stains and a little rippling but the book still basically retains a supple feel to it.  The staples (which are original) show no rust at all.  There's a small stab that starts on the back cover that goes thru much the comic (see close up pic). The stab is hardly noticeable within the comic (I was almost finished examining the whole comic before I found it).  A bug has chewed a tiny hole through the margin of many pages (look at the bottom of the CF pic).  The Frazetta story (invasion from the abyss) has 7 pages of art and is masterful.  ALSO a Malu Slave Girl Story.

Strange Planets 1 would grade in the 3.0 range.  Cover is still attached at both staples (barely at the bottom).  CF is detached from the top staple.

$220  $210 for both

P1140353.JPG

P1140354.JPG

P1140355.JPG

P1140356.JPG

P1140357.JPG

P1140358.jpg

P1140359.JPG

P1140360.JPG

Edited by gadzukes