• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

binding flaw

4 posts in this topic

Would a spine binding mistake affect value negatively or positively, or at all?  This book is under $100 graded 9.2 but there are no graders notes, and i wonder if this is why it got a lower grade...  See in the pics and hopefully it makes more sense than the way i describe it.  Book looks clean to me, but im no pro :)w2.JPG.27f7f3a7a0b6629387fd2dc88450f911.JPGw1.JPG.7344d0b6bdc955593aa4dfa51a140f3c.JPG

6 minutes ago, neirfin said:

Would a spine binding mistake affect value negatively or positively, or at all?  This book is under $100 graded 9.2 but there are no graders notes, and i wonder if this is why it got a lower grade...  See in the pics and hopefully it makes more sense than the way i describe it.  Book looks clean to me, but im no pro :)w2.JPG.27f7f3a7a0b6629387fd2dc88450f911.JPGw1.JPG.7344d0b6bdc955593aa4dfa51a140f3c.JPG

While it may hurt the desirability of the book, CGC does not penalize for the alignment of the spine. This is not what caused the 9.2 .

21 hours ago, Bomber-Bob said:

While it may hurt the desirability of the book, CGC does not penalize for the alignment of the spine. This is not what caused the 9.2 .

Thanks, exactly what I wanted to know. I passed on this one and paid a tiny more for one with a better grade and no flaw ?