• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 100 and Cosmic art?!
2 2

291 posts in this topic

Quick edit in the title - as the thread went off topic so much, it seemed proper to adjust.  Feel free to discuss either or go in another tangerine.  All comic art talk is welcome!

Anyone else checking out the growing line up at heritage for February.  

As a way to keep from buying anything- I am looking to upcoming auctions to help focus on saving for the future.  (My goal being to avoid many small and mid sized buys so i can afford something a bit bigger)

So far - nothing I am excited about has been listed - nothing that I can hope to afford (even if I save up) that is.   

Spider-man 100 - how key is that book?  How important is the art and what are your predictions. 100k? More? Less? WAAAY MORE?

HA link

lf-1.jpg

Edited by Panelfan1
Topic has jumped the shark?

There’s a pretty sweet page from Batman 232 featuring Ras Al Guhl, and Batman in the Batcave. 

I saw the cover to that issue way back in the early 80’s, I think, at a convention. The dealer pulled it out to show off, but said it wasn’t for sale. 

13 hours ago, Panelfan1 said:

Spider-man 100 - how key is that book?  How important is the art and what are your predictions. 100k? More? Less? WAAAY MORE?

HA link

If I'm Vegas, I'm setting the over/under at $286.8K (same as the ASM #121, though, that was some years ago at this point).  You can be sure that members of The Cabal will be bidding this one up to protect their other holdings, which virtually guarantees a result that is $200K hammer ($239K w/the BP) or higher.  2c 

39 minutes ago, delekkerste said:

You can be sure that members of The Cabal will be bidding this one up to protect their other holdings, which virtually guarantees a result that is $200K hammer ($239K w/the BP) or higher.  2c 

If true, it is nice to know that the alleged values of pieces like that are based upon market manipulation.

11 hours ago, SquareChaos said:

Along with that ASM classic, there is a Wrightson after Wrightson that I'd somehow never seen before.

17144352%5D,sizedata%5B850x600%5D&call=u

Here are the covers (front and back) from the issue this story was published in.  Id be curious to see how its unpublished nature affects the hammer price.  It's a cool piece (it tickles two pieces of pop culture being Swamp Thing and The Simpsons), an iconic cover swipe, and done by a master, but I would be shocked if it sells for more than $8,000 with the juice.  

thoh11.jpg

6 hours ago, delekkerste said:

If I'm Vegas, I'm setting the over/under at $286.8K (same as the ASM #121, though, that was some years ago at this point).  You can be sure that members of The Cabal will be bidding this one up to protect their other holdings, which virtually guarantees a result that is $200K hammer ($239K w/the BP) or higher.  2c 

who is the cabal again -would that be high end dealers or collectors?

8 hours ago, vodou said:

I think it's great. And I'm in up to $1000. But we all know that is not where the hammer will rest.

if you are confident it will exceed 1k, and that is your maximum -why bother bidding? ha offers tracking without bids. I usually only bid on things I think I have a chance at.

55 minutes ago, Panelfan1 said:

if you are confident it will exceed 1k, and that is your maximum -why bother bidding? ha offers tracking without bids. I usually only bid on things I think I have a chance at.

I'm not bidding, because I completely agree with you.

10 hours ago, Lucky Baru said:

If true, it is nice to know that the alleged values of pieces like that are based upon market manipulation.

Sadly nothing new. Practically every collectible market has some level of manipulation.