• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 100 and Cosmic art?!
2 2

291 posts in this topic

On 3/14/2018 at 1:07 AM, romitaman said:

now...since it seems my opinions always get copied and pasted a lot here... (LOL) , should i even mention about the ASM 61 having about 40-50 things different on the art versus the published cover?

This ASM #61 cover/OA comparison might be useful if anyone wants to see what Mike is talking about.  Scroll down until you find the slider bar and you can go back and forth between the published cover and the original art.

1 hour ago, D Parker said:

This ASM #61 cover/OA comparison might be useful if anyone wants to see what Mike is talking about.  Scroll down until you find the slider bar and you can go back and forth between the published cover and the original art.

Any chance you know how to make a comparison version of the Captain America #100 cover?  or where to find one?

It would be helpful as reference for another current thread.

thank you

captain 100.jpg

cap 100.png

Edited by MarvelComicsArt

53 minutes ago, MarvelComicsArt said:

Any chance you know how to make a comparison version of the Captain America #100 cover?  or where to find one?

thank you

https://juxtapose.knightlab.com/

https://cdn.knightlab.com/libs/juxtapose/latest/embed/index.html?uid=69740292-2fba-11e8-b263-0edaf8f81e27

27 minutes ago, Twanj said:

thank you very much! much appreciated 

this is being used in the "Original pencils versus blue line inks thread"  link below

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/79330-original-pencilsinks-vs-pencils-and-seperate-blueline-inks/?page=2

On 2018-03-15 at 2:29 AM, romitaman said:

John Romita does not own ASM 39.... nor does Stan Lee..... John said he hasnt seen the asm orignal since the early 80s.

So it IS out there...it just hasn't surfaced in 35 odd years...

On 2018-03-24 at 3:33 AM, romitaman said:

ha ha ha....sadly no.

there was a rumor going around for many years in the 1990s that the cover to Captain America #1 was around...but i'm not sure if that rumor ever came true.

I wonder who started that rumour and why?  hm

19 hours ago, MarvelComicsArt said:

thank you

captain 100.jpg

cap 100.png

Gorgeous inking on the original art.  Too bad so much of it is missing on the printed cover.  I much prefer Cap's head on the original art to that of the comic...

I have never seen the cap 100 OA before.  I assume it is in a private collector's hands, and I assume that is the owner is generally known in the OA community, so if it is not breaking anyone's confidence, could someone please tell me who owns this?  Thanks.

According to rumors........The cap 100 cover was never an actual cover......only cut out separate character drawings in an envelope for many years..... it was put together on newly created cover stock....not sure the exact year that was. 

Edited by romitaman

6 hours ago, romitaman said:

According to rumors........The cap 100 cover was never an actual cover......only cut out separate character drawings in an envelope for many years..... it was put together on newly created cover stock....not sure the exact year that was. 

Mike is totally 100% correct. 

According to Rumors it was never an actual cover. All individual character drawings. That were pieced together at a later date in time.

If anyone is interested in more info on this Cap 100 cover here is another thread. ( page 2 of the thread)