• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bought a raw "unrestored" comic from a boardie and it's come back Qualified
1 1

253 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, miraclemet said:

No worries J, I was more trying to avoid this careening off into a talk about Cgc accuracy regarding restoration identification. The central issus is the sellers seeming non-responsiveness to the OP until things got public...

This I dont understand as well. It is common courtesy to respond to someone. I dont understand why Atlasfan wont address this issue?

55 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

Hi all.

Contact.

I just wanted to come back on here to say AtlasFan PM'd me yesterday afternoon.

He very graciously offered me a partial refund which I am more than happy with.   

(thumbsu

9 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

Hi all.

Contact.

Im glad that he finally responded and you two were able to come to an agreement. I only wish it hadn't taken a 10 page public thread to get him to respond.

1 hour ago, gadzukes said:

Hi all.

Contact.

Send the book back.  No response in 10 days is just not right. I will say if you are 100% happy keep book,  BUT if you had to think abought it than its a problem.

1 hour ago, gadzukes said:

Hi all.

Contact.

Glad this worked out for you, Todd.  

I respect that you did not want to "out" the seller, that you spoke of the other book you purchased coming back an 8.5 (as assigned) and that you let everyone know that the seller did make this transaction "right".  

You have always been and continue to be an outstanding "Boardie".  

4 hours ago, woowoo said:

Send the book back.  No response in 10 days is just not right. I will say if you are 100% happy keep book,  BUT if you had to think abought it than its a problem.

Not to drag this tar and feathering out any longer, but sometimes LIFE (jobs, family, health, etc.) gets in the way of responding to a CGC message with regards to a sale that was made over 6 MONTHS AGO. I guess in this world today people are always expected to respond in real time to everything and anything instantly.  The terms in that sales thread stated that any returns would be honored upon receipt of the books. Regardless, the buyer and I came to an agreement and the matter is settled.

I am not a professional comic dealer, but just a collector that wanted to sell his collection off. Over the years, I used to get a chuckle when I would see threads where the "CGC GOON Squad" would pounce on sellers for one reason or another and shame them into bending over in public humiliation. Having experienced a taste of it here, my feelings were mixed. At first it was amusing, but then when people start making judgments while sourcing it from the nether regions, it became quite disturbing.  An interesting life experience.

13 minutes ago, AtlasFan said:

Not to drag this tar and feathering out any longer, but sometimes LIFE (jobs, family, health, etc.) gets in the way of responding to a CGC message with regards to a sale that was made over 6 MONTHS AGO. I guess in this world today people are always expected to respond in real time to everything and anything instantly.  The terms in that sales thread stated that any returns would be honored upon receipt of the books. Regardless, the buyer and I came to an agreement and the matter is settled.

I am not a professional comic dealer, but just a collector that wanted to sell his collection off. Over the years, I used to get a chuckle when I would see threads where the "CGC GOON Squad" would pounce on sellers for one reason or another and shame them into bending over in public humiliation. Having experienced a taste of it here, my feelings were mixed. At first it was amusing, but then when people start making judgments while sourcing it from the nether regions, it became quite disturbing.  An interesting life experience.

I understand life (thumbsu But from what I read you where on her for days and never got back to gadzukes. that's wrong. I think as long as you made it good than that's ok in my book. Please don't take it personal I would not have been ok with the delay but  gadzukes is fine with the deal now and that's cool (thumbsu

1 minute ago, woowoo said:

I understand life (thumbsu But from what I read you where on her for days and never got back to gadzukes. that's wrong. I think as long as you made it good than that's ok in my book. Please don't take it personal I would not have been ok with the delay but  gadzukes is fine with the deal now and that's cool (thumbsu

If she was hot, I wouldn't have got back to him either :foryou:

1 minute ago, woowoo said:

20160330_RODNEYDANGERFIELD_NORESPECT.jpg.17bc4f97c9614cfbcf05543036e1f8ee.jpg

Just trying to lighten the load. It's depressing watching obviously decent people getting flak on line. Wash your pants in private I say 

Just now, Marwood & I said:

Just trying to lighten the load. It's depressing watching obviously decent people getting flak on line. Wash your pants in private I say 

hm And you love pence copy's

3 minutes ago, woowoo said:

had to edit my post above

Ah, the curse of the one finger warrior. It strikes us all, especially after a cherryade  :grin:

I work in customer service.  There's nothing that works people up more than hearing nothing.  You don't have to have the answer right away, but at least acknowledge the conversation, and let the other person know you need more time to resolve the request.  No communication at all means "I don't want to talk to you, I hope you go away."  At the very least, it's disrespectful.

No judgement against Atlas, but the OP tried to handle things privately, but Atlas seemingly pushed it aside, hoping this would go away.  I'm always glad the community here allows us to do business in a safe manner.

19 minutes ago, FineCollector said:

I work in customer service.  There's nothing that works people up more than hearing nothing.  You don't have to have the answer right away, but at least acknowledge the conversation, and let the other person know you need more time to resolve the request.  No communication at all means "I don't want to talk to you, I hope you go away."  At the very least, it's disrespectful.

No judgement against Atlas, but the OP tried to handle things privately, but Atlas seemingly pushed it aside, hoping this would go away.  I'm always glad the community here allows us to do business in a safe manner.

Please hold FineCollector. Your call is important to us and one of our agents will be with you shortly.

Glad this was solved amicably – but controversy aside I have to add that it’s a beautiful book: I wouldn‘t care at all if the cover is married, especially considered that it’s hard to tell it is.
The interesting thing is that I had the opposite experience with a Hulk #181 which the seller sold me as being with the MVS page married.
After examining it I was pretty much convinced it was, but a friend of mine which knows how to grade said it wasn't. It was one of the few I have had CGC graded (too time consuming from here) and it came back as a Blue label. But I am still convinced it was very likely a "marriage".

So I would ask: if the book is for your collection (not to resell) why is so crucial that it’s not a Qualified? I am not speaking of restoration (although I would apply the same criteria to very light color touch)?
But this is a matter for a specific topic.

Edited by vaillant