• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bought a raw "unrestored" comic from a boardie and it's come back Qualified
1 1

253 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, FineCollector said:

What's the difference in value between a blue label and a qualified in this case?  Can we put a dollar amount to it?

If you're not hearing back, the boardie may be weighing his options, and asking others what his liability is.  I'd like to know who it is, but I don't need to know as long as you come to a beneficial outcome.  If he stonewalls you, I see an entertaining Friday thread in our future! :banana:

Not hard to find if you look.

5 hours ago, Ottobord said:

I can't get past the 6 months ....   this was purchased back in May ...... I found the transaction the return policy was "upon receipt" ............. I would suggest  it would be better working toward across the board selling standards that everyone must agree to instead of making examples of individual sellers and questioning their character ....

The problem is returns in the past have been based on receipt and examination of a book.   Now problems are appearing after submission to a third party like CGC and it takes a significant amount of time to discover these problems.  I'd suggest that a proper return policy should provide enough time for a submission to a third party grading company.

11 minutes ago, Patriot6 said:
13 minutes ago, FineCollector said:

I don't have GPA.  Feel free to answer the question.

Sorry, I meant who sold the book. 

lol I spent a 1/2 hour this morning and I couldn't find it...., probably because I was using the board's search function instead of google

On 1/9/2018 at 11:08 AM, bluehorseshoe said:

Love reading about the dastardly things we do to each other, in the name of our passion for comic book collecting  PROFIT!

Fixed!!

7 hours ago, Ottobord said:

I can't get past the 6 months ....   this was purchased back in May ...... I found the transaction the return policy was "upon receipt" ............. I would suggest  it would be better working toward across the board selling standards that everyone must agree to instead of making examples of individual sellers and questioning their character ....

And if he would have submitted the book immediately and let them run standard speed through the system, it could have taken 4 months of that time. Add in the pressing service, and you're pressing right up against six months....So it's not really like he sat on his behind for 6 months. 

Edited by comix4fun

5 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

And if he would have submitted the book immediately and let them run standard speed through the system, it could have taken 4 months of that time. So it's not really like he sat on his behind for 6 months. 

I think the poster was saying...

I found the transaction. The return with refund is upon receipt of item.

Not wait till it is graded

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:

I think the poster was saying...

I found the transaction. The return wit refund is upon receipt of item.

Not wait till it is graded

I don't think that's what he's saying. 

The seller may have missed the married cover and the buyer didn't see it, but sent it to be authenticated.

Being a diligent buyer doesn't also mean the buyer is more of an expert than the seller. 

Sending an item to a third party authenticator, without delay, and having the process take a while seems to cover the diligence portion.

Stating "waiting 6 months" as has been stated in this thread a few times is not accurate if we're looking to the buyer's care and attempts to authenticate. 

4 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

Here's a common example:

Hulk 181 6.0 is currently averaging $1550

hulk 181 6.0 Qualified (MVS cut out) is going for $1000

I don't know if you mentioned this before but, did he read your PM?

1 minute ago, comix4fun said:

I don't think that's what he's saying. 

The seller may have missed the married cover and the buyer didn't see it, but sent it to be authenticated.

Being a diligent buyer doesn't also mean the buyer is more of an expert than the seller. 

Sending an item to a third party authenticator, without delay, and having the process take a while seems to cover the diligence portion.

Stating "waiting 6 months" as has been stated in this thread a few times is not accurate if we're looking to the buyer's care and attempts to authenticate. 

I agree. I'm not taking sides though, this seems premature to put out a thread for a pm sent on Jan 2nd.... I still agree that the seller should do something, I'm just stating they may feel outed even though their name was not disclosed....

Just now, gadzukes said:

I've sent 3 PMs with no response.

I realize he hasn't responded, but you can tell whether or not he's seen them. 
There's a section at the top that shows when each person read the PM's last. I just wanted to know if he saw them and ignored you or hasn't even looked at them. 

21 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

Here's a common example:

Hulk 181 6.0 is currently averaging $1550

hulk 181 6.0 Qualified (MVS cut out) is going for $1000

Hulk 181 is not a good book to gauge this. The prices for hulks restored, qualified or complete seem to be close to one another. It’s a highly desirable book in any condition 

10 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

Hulk 181 is not a good book to gauge this. The prices for hulks restored, qualified or complete seem to be close to one another. It’s a highly desirable book in any condition 

You're probably right.  I guess I chose that one because I knew there would be a lot of Qs

24 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

I realize he hasn't responded, but you can tell whether or not he's seen them. 
There's a section at the top that shows when each person read the PM's last. I just wanted to know if he saw them and ignored you or hasn't even looked at them. 

Yeah, he saw them.

6 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

Yeah, he saw them.

Yes that is disappointing. I don't know what more you can do if the person couldn't be bothered to type a quick reply... here's hoping :wishluck:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM