• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bought a raw "unrestored" comic from a boardie and it's come back Qualified
1 1

253 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, Ottobord said:

Altlas Fan,

You my not remember this but back when we were kids, 1977 I think, I traded two packs of bubble yum (no spider eggs) with you for a Hulk 181, haven't looked at it since, but you failed to mention the MVS is missing. Just got it back from CGC. 

:facepalm:

50 minutes ago, AtlasFan said:

How nice to see my name mentioned in the same breath as COMIC-KEYS... lets throw in Charles Manson and Jeffery Dahmer as well.

If anyone who has a problem with one of my books, feel free to contact me directly.

I have not been on the boards for a while, but I reckon the last post mentioning my name triggered some email notification.

Good Lord..what a bunch of old ladies clucking away... is this the most interesting thing you guys have to discuss?

Are you going to work something out with gadzukes?

I am at the age where I have bought a lot of book's and I just get them and put them away. My Superman 15 got as vg- had it for years and Matt N looked at it years ago told me centerfold missingdoh!. I got a VG Spider-Man 1 from the 80's was showing my son the book took out of bag and saw that the book was ript more than half way from middle of spine 5/6 inches across just like when they take the top logo off  every page  glued back page by page:facepalm:. I bought Action 16 2 years ago vg/f unrestored top staple almost off. I think a year later I saw a coverless copy for sale and thought I had the wrong insides ( I did not) when I went to centerfold it had huge rip glued from middle of 1 page to middle of other page (shrug) I blame the Ducks for this problem counting pgs. I can never get the page count right on 4 col Ducks. I now go thru books page by page wish there was a easy way to find resto never got that black light thing down.

57 minutes ago, AtlasFan said:

How nice to see my name mentioned in the same breath as COMIC-KEYS... lets throw in Charles Manson and Jeffery Dahmer as well.

If anyone who has a problem with one of my books, feel free to contact me directly.

I have not been on the boards for a while, but I reckon the last post mentioning my name triggered some email notification.

Good Lord..what a bunch of old ladies clucking away... is this the most interesting thing you guys have to discuss?

Maybe you could deign to address the legitimate concerns of the other Boardie, your highness.

I have dealt with Atlasfan, and it was a positive experience.

Question for all: Is it possible CGC has got the "married" part of the grade incorrect? Seems extremely odd for the book to be married in the first place.

To Gadzukes: it is a nice book. presents well.

41 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

Question for all: Is it possible CGC has got the "married" part of the grade incorrect? Seems extremely odd for the book to be married in the first place.

Why would it be extremely odd?  The only married book I ever subbed (I did not discover it when I looked at it) was an FF11

5 hours ago, seanfingh said:
6 hours ago, AtlasFan said:

Maybe you could deign to address the legitimate concerns of the other Boardie, your highness.

A Boardie who bought a half dozen books from the sales thread to boot.

AtlasFan, you sold it as unrestored. It wasn't. Take a return, refund the purchase price, and sell it again.

5 hours ago, seanfingh said:
6 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

Why would it be extremely odd?  The only married book I ever subbed (I did not discover it when I looked at it) was an FF11

....they do make the occasional mistake..... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Bill (Atlas Fan) has always been cool with me as well.....

5 hours ago, gadzukes said:

I just PMd CGC to ask if they could clarify the Marrying for me. 

me and Greggy are willing to clarify demonstrate "the honeymoon" if you'd like

Edited by jsilverjanet

8 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

Question for all: Is it possible CGC has got the "married" part of the grade incorrect? 

Does the pope carp in the woods?

21 hours ago, AtlasFan said:

Is this really the tone to take when addressing the matter of how you deal with a buyer who can't get an answer from you?

Do you know your profile says the last time you visited the boards? Two days ago it said you last visited "16 hours ago", and had still not replied to the OPs messages. So I don't know what "haven't been on the boards in a while" means. Only upon having your name outed did you decide to make any reply to either him or the thread. At least that is how it appears. You say "if anyone has a problem contact me directly", but thats just what the OP did, and you decided to not respond to his PMs. Why no response?

I've bought from you before with no problem, but this scenario of nonresponse would make me worry about how you would handle it if I did...

10 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

Mistake or no, the OP deserved a response rather than being ignored.

16 minutes ago, miraclemet said:
10 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

Mistake or no, the OP deserved a response rather than being ignored.

...I wasn't trying to say that.... and Gadzukes was more than gracious in his handling of this. GOD BLESS....

19 minutes ago, jimjum12 said:

...I wasn't trying to say that.... and Gadzukes was more than gracious in his handling of this. GOD BLESS....

No worries J, I was more trying to avoid this careening off into a talk about Cgc accuracy regarding restoration identification. The central issus is the sellers seeming non-responsiveness to the OP until things got public...