• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Uncommon Pre-Code Horror & Pre-Code Crime
1 1

50 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, zzutak said:

Fun for me, as well.  I love the look of a pristine comic, but pre-code stuff is meant to be read -- and there's nothing better than an affordable reader!  :banana:  And I can (almost) guarantee that you will not see better prices anywhere.  lol

Cool books from a delightful seller, can't ask for a better Friday night in my book!

Thank you, William.  :blush: 
Just to recap, the following books are still available:

Baffling Mysteries #13 (Ace Magazines; Jan 1953).  Grade = 1.0 FR white.  Price = $15.  SOLD -- Thank You!
Baffling Mysteries #19 (Ace Magazines; Jan 1954).  Grade = 3.5 VG- white.  Price = $60.  SOLD -- Thank You!
Baffling Mysteries #21 (Ace Magazines; Jul 1954).  Grade = 4.0 VG white.  Price = $ xx (book pulled from sale on 01-08-2018).
Tales of Horror #7 (Minoan/Toby; Oct 1953).  Grade = 3.0 GD/VG ow-wh.  Price = $ xx (book pulled from sale on 01-08-2018).

Edited by zzutak
Books No Longer Available

2 hours ago, zzutak said:

Baffling Mysteries #19 (Ace Magazines; Jan 1954).  Grade = 3.5 VG- white.  Price = $60.
A man-eating plant cover, four nightmare-inducing illustrated stories (The Monster Maker, They Strangle by Night, Conjurer for the Foul Fiend, and The Werewolf Strikes), two 1-page illustrated shorts, and a 2-page text story (The Third Visitation).

Baff-19.thumb.jpg.3da05983150acfab780d0f80e9391e07.jpg

Baff-19b.thumb.jpg.5112950849975148ba2b5a101700c15a.jpg

How does this book get no love???? I have 2 copies and think it looks incredible. On the fence of getting my third copy. Seen this cover in a few PCH books and articles. Get it while it's not as well appreciated as it should be. PSA done ✅ 

2 hours ago, zzutak said:

Baffling Mysteries #19 (Ace Magazines; Jan 1954).  Grade = 3.5 VG- white.  Price = $60.
A man-eating plant cover, four nightmare-inducing illustrated stories (The Monster Maker, They Strangle by Night, Conjurer for the Foul Fiend, and The Werewolf Strikes), two 1-page illustrated shorts, and a 2-page text story (The Third Visitation).

Baff-19.thumb.jpg.3da05983150acfab780d0f80e9391e07.jpg

Baff-19b.thumb.jpg.5112950849975148ba2b5a101700c15a.jpg

Take it

6 minutes ago, Gregd said:

Great pickup. I was going to pick it up if it wasn't sold by tomorrow. Wanted another boardie to get a chance to own one. Congrats!

Thanks. I was late to the party or I would have snapped it up two hours ago. Darn kids swim meets!

5 hours ago, zzutak said:

Baffling Mysteries #13 (Ace Magazines; Jan 1953).  Grade = 1.0 FR white.  Price = $15.
Demons, ghosts, ghouls, serpents, skeletons, and a 7-page werewolf story.  Amateur color touch on the black, inside portion of the sarcophagus top.  Beautiful interior pages.

Baff-13.thumb.jpg.01339ff59c685a53653b9eab90967dcd.jpg

Baff-13b.thumb.jpg.e0717d66a2328a1498e24e4f2fbbe789.jpg

:takeit:

Thanks, Raze!  The interior pages on the Baffling #13 are actually in great shape.  :grin:  Better yet, as with most Ace comics from this era, it's an "all meat, no potatoes" issue -- ads are only on the inside covers, so you get 32 full pages of terrifying tales.  What a deal!  :banana:

On 1/6/2018 at 6:03 AM, zzutak said:

Thanks, Raze!  The interior pages on the Baffling #13 are actually in great shape.  :grin:  Better yet, as with most Ace comics from this era, it's an "all meat, no potatoes" issue -- ads are only on the inside covers, so you get 32 full pages of terrifying tales.  What a deal!  :banana:

I don’t own any baffling mystery books till this one! Glad it’s a all story book...they better be good!you posting any more?!!?