• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Captain Marvel Adventures #128 Scarce???

41 posts in this topic

Does anyone know why this single issue of Captain Marvel adventures appears to be as hard to find as unobtainium?? Was the print run especially small? Did all moms in the country band together to destroy this one particular issue?? I have been searching for 3 years now and have seen only one copy come up for sale. That particular copy is presently selling for almost 7X guide in a 3.5 condition. Not CGC graded, raw. I was bidding on it but at some point I had to stop and figure there MUST be other copies out there somewhere.

So, I again ask, why is it that this particular issue is so scarce??

Anyone????? s-l1600.jpg

I wonder how many of these are issues are actually scarce.  Do CMAs get bought and sold at conventions, or are they ignored in the wild as often as they are here?  I rarely see more than three or four at anyone's table at any time.  Harley Yee used to always have a stack of overpriced beaters, but I stopped looking after a while.

On 2018-01-05 at 8:34 PM, snakepittcomics said:

Does anyone know why this single issue of Captain Marvel adventures appears to be as hard to find as unobtainium?? Was the print run especially small? Did all moms in the country band together to destroy this one particular issue?? I have been searching for 3 years now and have seen only one copy come up for sale. That particular copy is presently selling for almost 7X guide in a 3.5 condition. Not CGC graded, raw. I was bidding on it but at some point I had to stop and figure there MUST be other copies out there somewhere.

So, I again ask, why is it that this particular issue is so scarce??

Anyone????? s-l1600.jpg

Come on...the answer's obvious.  It's so hard to find because you're looking for it.  lol   

It's been my experience that once you find a particular book that you've been looking for forever, copies will all of a sudden start popping up leaving you to ask the question "Where was this when I was looking for a copy?"

"

I don't know about the scarcity of Feb-Mar '52 books but some of the last issues in these Fawcett runs are apparently scarce.

Edited by pemart1966

I think you’re confusing popularity and scarcity.

Blue Bolt #105 is by no means scarce but try buying a copy. You must be patient, lucky, and fast.

Captain Marvel #128 is one of those popular issues in the run for collectors since the 1970’s when it was in Sterankos HOC books. Fast into collections, slow ever leaving them.

I’ve always loved the cover.

Edited by N e r V

11 hours ago, pemart1966 said:

It's been my experience that once you find a particular book that you've been looking for forever, copies will all of a sudden start popping up leaving you to ask the question "Where was this when I was looking for a copy."

It's a cognitive frequency illusion referred to as the Baader-Meinhof phenomenon.  Similar to purchasing a new car and driving around you begin seeing a lot of other people are driving the same model car as yours that you never really took notice before.  :whatthe:

Edited by Mr.TawkyTawny

665.00 tonight for a 3.5.

I’m not sure though if that price is more a EBAY thing vs an actual auction price from one of the others might bring. Wouldn’t be the first time.

I also helped run that price up in the end because I was curious of the final hammer. :devil:

Edited by N e r V

1 minute ago, Robot Man said:

I'm sure most of you will be disapointed. You know, I keep all the good stuff...  :devil:

We know! That's why we wanna see what's left for the wall! :roflmao:

Seriously, how's that thing get to Yorba Linda? Surely snakepitt has pried it out of you by now! (Or is working on it)