• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does Zack Snyder deserve all the movie hate?

84 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

Visually Sucker Punch is a great looking film just like the rest of his movies. He’s like Michael bay but with a better eye. Watchmen is the best translation of a comic to a movie that’s ever been done though I’m not sure if that’s a good thing. The scenes in MOS of Superman fighting are the greatest fight sequences made regarding a super hero

He hit a slight nerve with young women, long before WW's first appearance in BvS with Suckerpunch.  Even though, I didn't care for that one (despite shades of Danvers in it,) it did empower a lot of young women in a positive way at conventions. I loved the Watchmen: Director's Cut though.

15 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Theatrical Cut or Ultimate Edition?

I meant to watch the ultimate edition but grabbed the wrong disk and watched the theatrical cut.  I still haven't seen the ultimate edition!

Give the ultimate cut a try.

They didn't shave off minor pieces. They had actually cut out Clark Kent investigating the story of the Batman, and even before that why Superman was being looked into by Congress.

It's a blessing and a curse, though. We get to sit here and revel in our shared enthusiasm for great entertainment that Snyder gave us. On the other side of the coin is the trolls and their toxicity.

I'll admit the hypocrisy in how I approach TLJ, though. I often attack Rian Johnson for what he did. I get hyperbolic at times, but I never threaten the guy, or wish death to him, or celebrate personal tragedies, etc. I would say to his face my criticisms of his ruination of that franchise, though. I know I can be better in how I communicate my disdain of that movie.

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

TOTALLY agree. It open the door for anyone to say any thing on their minds. Anything!

The 80’s was such a fun decade. The only screen time I got was occasionally watching some tv. One day when I retire, I’m not going to have an electronic footprint. I’ll just walk away from the signal. Will live in my cabin in the mountains until my former commanding officer comes knocking saying the country needs me. I’ll explain that those days are over for me. He’ll get in my head and convince me that I’m hiding from myself and that it’s not really about the Snyder trolls. I’ll accept the mission.

Edited by Grails

Having experienced the suicide of a close family member, I find comments like these to be absolutely appalling.

It makes me even more pleased that, after a necessary recovery period, Snyder has been given the opportunity to return and complete his version of the Justice League film, which I’m looking forward to.