• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wizard World New Orleans — January 4-6, 2019

15 posts in this topic

Generic user.   You are fine.   I went last year.   Didn’t bring my kids bc they were 1 and 3 at that time but it was family friendly.    There was a few scary cosplay characters but nothing that would make a 10 year old run for the hills.   

My boy is having a blast.  He bought his first silver age books last night from Dale Roberts’ booth, and this morning he got his grail book from the Reece brothers.  Thanks for making his first show a memorable one.  There were a few sights I steered him away from (“did that woman forget her pants?”) but nothing dangerous and everyone seems extremely friendly.  

A182C2CC-9F36-4977-8535-80B6FA9078CC.jpeg

On 1/5/2019 at 2:29 PM, thonkycat said:

My boy is having a blast.  He bought his first silver age books last night from Dale Roberts’ booth, and this morning he got his grail book from the Reece brothers.  Thanks for making his first show a memorable one.  There were a few sights I steered him away from (“did that woman forget her pants?”) but nothing dangerous and everyone seems extremely friendly.  

A182C2CC-9F36-4977-8535-80B6FA9078CC.jpeg

Thanks for coming by to see us, I’m glad we could make it happen and that picture is awesome haha! 

Thanks to everyone else who bought, sold, or traded books with us this year, or just stopped by to say hi, we had a great time. Always a fun start to the new year!

i was seriously considering going to this show but it didn't work out.  Is it a good buying show?  Did dealers do ok from a sales perspective?   Seems like a fun Con to go check out the Big Easy and get some warm weather.