• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Wings Comics #93

10 posts in this topic

Hmm. With the warping to the pages especially, got to say 2.0 or thereabouts. Still, it presents well for the grade, and if you've got a bunch like this I can imagine some being better than others.

Thanks for your input.  I was hesitant to call it 2.0 with that much water damage, but the books just look so nice in the bag.  They are remarkably consistent, as if an entire box was completely submerged and then carefully dried.  Here's two more from the same collection: 

Wings 091.JPG

Wings 089.JPG

6 hours ago, Ahsoka Tano Jedi Apprentice said:

these books r great..these r some of the greatest covers i've ever seen

If you really like these, when you have some time, look into the 1940s action and adventure pulps, or the 1920's/1930s sci-fi pulps. I think you'll really enjoy these covers.

https://www.google.com/search?q=1940s+action+and+adventure+pulps&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjBzoHv-NDYAhXxRt8KHTzAA-EQ_AUICigB&biw=1024&bih=576

Edited by James J Johnson
messed up the link

27 minutes ago, Point Five said:

(thumbsu

There is also a dedicated Fiction House (Wings publisher) thread in the Golden Age section. These books are very avidly collected here.

A lot of these artists either came from the pulp genre or were heavily influenced by them:

https://www.pulpmags.org/content/view/issues/thrills-incorporated.html