• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who offers CGC 9.8 Subscription service?
2 2

27 posts in this topic

Hi,

I originally posted this in Comics General and I'm adding it here from a suggestion I received there.

I'm interested in options for CGC 9.8 Subscription service.  I know of 2 personally (3204 Auctions and Made the Grade).  I've also heard about BeachBum comics but don't know anything about them.  Any other recommendations members can suggest or feedback to offer on the few I've named?

Thanks,

Scott

Go with BeachBum and don't look back. I've been buying from him since 2010 and have never been disappointed. 95% of my moderns are from BeachBum and his service. Great service, great selection, and a great guy all around.

K.

4 hours ago, kuddy said:

Go with BeachBum and don't look back. I've been buying from him since 2010 and have never been disappointed. 95% of my moderns are from BeachBum and his service. Great service, great selection, and a great guy all around.

K.

+1.   Go with BeachBum.  

3204 Auctions and Beachbum are both excellent service providers. I've used them both. I like Beachbum because you don't have to pay until the book is actually graded. With 3204 Auctions, you are forced to buy advanced credits and have to purchase them three or four at a time. 

Both services, however, missed the boat on a few issues, and I was left (temporarily) with some critical gaps in the run. 

With that being said, these services make your collecting life a lot easier, and probably a lot cheaper to boot. Both are highly recommended, but I'd still have a "plan-b" in effect just in case they are unable to find a 9.8 copy. 

Jerry and Dre are both topnotch guys. (thumbsu

I'm not familiar with the other services. 

Edited by newshane

while we're here, can anyone recommend any other CGC 9.8 'hunters' for back issues?  Specifically copper?  And yes, I've worked with Rich Henn and would recommend him, but it'd also be nice to see if there are other options....

+1 for BeachBum (Dre) - have gotten a bunch of books from him, and also met him in person - outstanding guy with great communication, reasonable pricing, and really good service. Definitely one of the good ones out there

2 hours ago, JLam1127 said:

What do these subscriptions entail?  Do I pay a monthly/annual premium to get first dibs on 9.8s?  Genuinely interested in how they work...

You should genuinely pm Beachbum and ask for details.  Essentially you set terms (payment, notice, cancellation, shipping prices and durations, contingencies, etc) and prices and he gets CGC 9.8's slabbed for you every month.  I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure its a situation where if he doesn't get the grade you don't pay at all. 

On 1/9/2018 at 11:24 AM, newshane said:

3204 Auctions and Beachbum are both excellent service providers. I've used them both. I like Beachbum because you don't have to pay until the book is actually graded. With 3204 Auctions, you are forced to buy advanced credits and have to purchase them three or four at a time. 

Both services, however, missed the boat on a few issues, and I was left (temporarily) with some critical gaps in the run. 

With that being said, these services make your collecting life a lot easier, and probably a lot cheaper to boot. Both are highly recommended, but I'd still have a "plan-b" in effect just in case they are unable to find a 9.8 copy. 

Jerry and Dre are both topnotch guys. (thumbsu

I'm not familiar with the other services. 

Hi!  Jerry here, from 3204 Auctions. We do ask for customers to buy credits in advance because too many of them were changing their mind after a comic was already bought and submitted for them. The 3-credit minimum is so that I don't have to submit endless invoices every single day (lol). It also allows customers to make last minute requests without having to rush to buy credits at an inconvenient time. You can just have a bank of credits to draw from that never expire! It really works out great for both parties. If a comic fails to get a 9.8 grade, that credit remains in your account, unused.

If we missed a few issues for you I apologize. It was not from a lack of trying. The only time we really miss a request is if the entire batch of an issue is damaged by the manufacturer or the variant you requested is too scarce for us to locate a 9.8-worthy copy.

On 1/8/2018 at 7:52 PM, acesilver said:

Hi,

I originally posted this in Comics General and I'm adding it here from a suggestion I received there.

I'm interested in options for CGC 9.8 Subscription service.  I know of 2 personally (3204 Auctions and Made the Grade).  I've also heard about BeachBum comics but don't know anything about them.  Any other recommendations members can suggest or feedback to offer on the few I've named?

Thanks,

Scott

Hi!  Jerry from 3204 Auctions here!  Please visit our website at www.CGCsubscription.com and give our service a try!  You may use Promo Code FORUM and save $25 on your initial order.

On 1/16/2018 at 10:51 AM, JLam1127 said:

What do these subscriptions entail?  Do I pay a monthly/annual premium to get first dibs on 9.8s?  Genuinely interested in how they work...

Hi!  Jerry from 3204 Auctions here!  Please visit our website at www.CGCsubscription.com and give our service a try!  You may use Promo Code FORUM and save $25 on your initial order.

1 hour ago, jerry3204 said:

Hi!  Jerry here, from 3204 Auctions. We do ask for customers to buy credits in advance because too many of them were changing their mind after a comic was already bought and submitted for them. The 3-credit minimum is so that I don't have to submit endless invoices every single day (lol). It also allows customers to make last minute requests without having to rush to buy credits at an inconvenient time. You can just have a bank of credits to draw from that never expire! It really works out great for both parties. If a comic fails to get a 9.8 grade, that credit remains in your account, unused.

If we missed a few issues for you I apologize. It was not from a lack of trying. The only time we really miss a request is if the entire batch of an issue is damaged by the manufacturer or the variant you requested is too scarce for us to locate a 9.8-worthy copy.

No need to apologize! I was very happy with your service, and I understand that some print runs are very tough. I hope you are doing well! :foryou:

On 7/16/2019 at 5:52 AM, jerry3204 said:

I thought you guys do not do variants????

The 3204 Auctions CGC 9.8 Subscription Service has gotten so many subscribers that we just recently closed the "variant credit" option for new subscribers. We were having too much difficulty filling all orders. Exceptions are made, but on a case-by-case basis. Please email me for details!   jerry3204auctions@hotmail.com