• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Feb 22-24 Heritage Auction Thread
4 4

552 posts in this topic

I didn't even know it was on, I was just killing time and searching for stuff on comicarttracker (where I always forget my password) and was linked to an piece on HA.

Should be interesting, for the first time in awhile, there are a lot of pieces that aligns with my collecting interest and budget.  We shall see, I have been generally slowing down though :)

Malvin

Would anyone care to give me their critique of this page? It's in the weekly auction and I have a better Neil Adams, already. The top two panels are okay, but the rest don't do much for me. The Phantom Stranger/Adams pages so rarely pop up, however, that I don't want to regret a decision later. I'm figuring it for a low $3K figure.

lf?set=path%5B1%2F7%2F2%2F5%2F3%2F17253674%5D&call=url%5Bfile%3Aproduct.chain%5D  

7 hours ago, batman_fan said:

Really hope I snag one of the Peanuts dailies. :wishluck:

"Really hope I snag ____________" - said no one ever who then actually managed to snag what they publicly announced they were going for. :baiting: 

1 hour ago, delekkerste said:

"Really hope I snag ____________" - said no one ever who then actually managed to snag what they publicly announced they were going for. :baiting: 

I kind of thought of this too.

while some items that come up -are rare examples with little or no recent comps to use - the peanuts pieces have come up a lot lately. my suggestion is - if you really want to snag one - look at recent sales , add 25%-50% and ask yourself if you still want it at that price. that way you have a comfortable limit/margin. still no guarantees. hopefully you will get it below your max, but the point I am trying to make is to have a max # that has a chance of winning.

hoping to snag a piece at last auction's prices, or less is a good way to not get what you want.  then another auction comes up and prices could be even higher.

3 hours ago, delekkerste said:

Let’s see if I can buck that trend!  The good thing is given there are several examples in this one you need to guess which one I am interested in to do any punishing on. 

4 hours ago, Rick2you2 said:

Would anyone care to give me their critique of this page? It's in the weekly auction and I have a better Neil Adams, already. The top two panels are okay, but the rest don't do much for me. The Phantom Stranger/Adams pages so rarely pop up, however, that I don't want to regret a decision later. I'm figuring it for a low $3K figure.

I have certain artists that I hoard, but even within that group I have to be selective. So I would pass if you have a better example already. Something will come up down the road.

16 hours ago, tth2 said:

The bidding habits of OA collectors are so different from the comic guys!

I’ve only recently gotten into both OA and comics.

just out of curiousity, in what way are they different. 

1 minute ago, Skizz said:

I’ve only recently gotten into both OA and comics.

just out of curiousity, in what way are they different. 

In OA, you don't snipe or bid live at the last minute. Instead, you bid insanely right at the start of the auction and then go back to your main job of melting the polar ice caps in order to uncover more oil.

Then, when you win your page, you put it in a portfolio and never look at it again.

4 hours ago, Panelfan1 said:

my suggestion is - if you really want to snag one - look at recent sales , add 25%-50% and ask yourself if you still want it at that price. that way you have a comfortable limit/margin. still no guarantees. hopefully you will get it below your max, but the point I am trying to make is to have a max # that has a chance of winning.

This seems like a very good course of action. Seems obvious now that you say it,  it hadn’t occurred to me before. Thanks.