• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Feb 22-24 Heritage Auction Thread
4 4

552 posts in this topic

Just now, jjonahjameson11 said:

Do you think the pages all come from a single source?

I think it is pretty obvious they do.

I myself have been chasing after one of the Batman power records pages that have been hitting the block, but have come up empty as the underbidder or second underbidder most time.

1 hour ago, delekkerste said:

Yeah, ASM #252 is a top 10 nostalgia piece for me.  Would have loved to have had a shot at it back when it last traded hands.  

I love this cover, too, and I'm not even a huge superhero nostalgia guy. When I inquired about it with the previous owner, it was very firmly not for sale. I left the guy alone after that. Of course, it ends up in another gallery.

There's a common presumption that the top of the BSD food chain will pay the most, and that's probably a safe bet more often than not. But there are exceptions. At the time, this would have been one.

Baldy here has been absolutely excellent for consignors. Bidders, not so much. He is dragging out each lot to squeeze out every last possible bid. Or cut bid. Love the strategically-timed sips of water.

Congrats to consignors who lucked out with him...condolences to bidders!

2 minutes ago, Nexus said:

Baldy here has been absolutely excellent for consignors. Bidders, not so much. He is dragging out each lot to squeeze out every last possible bid. Or cut bid. Love the strategically-timed sips of water.

Congrats to consignors who lucked out with him...condolences to bidders!

Compared to some of Heritage's previous auctioneers, he doesn't seem so bad. At least he knows how to pronounce the artist's name!

That said, I pity anyone looking to bid live on a Zeck piece. You're gonna have to set your alarm clock to catch it!

1 minute ago, DJRome said:

Compared to some of Heritage's previous auctioneers, he doesn't seem so bad. At least he knows how to pronounce the artist's name!

That said, I pity anyone looking to bid live on a Zeck piece. You're gonna have to set your alarm clock to catch it!

These things usually last till around 4 am my time... it's brutal, especially during the time I was hunting after Wood and Williamson pieces.

1 minute ago, DJRome said:

I am calling him Mr. Wonderful. 

Ugh, gonna be here for a while. I get off work in two hours, then have dinner with the wife and folks...wonder if it'll be closer to what I'm looking at by around 7pm est?

2 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Ugh, gonna be here for a while. I get off work in two hours, then have dinner with the wife and folks...wonder if it'll be closer to what I'm looking at by around 7pm est?

Depends. His rate is one letter of the alphabet per hour.

2 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Mr Wonderful seems to be going about an average of a minute a piece so just time it out right from there for what your hunting.  He isn't going to suddenly speed up.

Just now, staffman said:

Mr Wonderful seems to be going about an average of a minute a piece so just time it out right from there for what your hunting.  He isn't going to suddenly speed up.

It's catching on!!!! YES!!

Just now, chromium said:

Would have caught on quicker if you had used an animated gif.

I won't get my gif allowance refilled until March 1. :ohnoez:

Edited by comix4fun