• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Feb 22-24 Heritage Auction Thread
4 4

552 posts in this topic

Just now, ThothAmon said:

Speaking of nice GGA the Kaluta Nightmare cover is out of sight. 

And it got some respect with that sale price. Really nice piece. 

29 minutes ago, jabats said:

Very happy to win my first "published" piece by Frank Cho. Harley Quinn #15 variant cover (oversized, on 17x22).

Fingers crossed for one more upcoming lot.

lf.jpeg

Nice pick-up.  Stupid questions--who's behind the door?

A bit surprised the Avengers #52 page went for as high as $12k.  Nice page but that's probably a record for a non-splash from that period of JB Avengers (other than Avengers #57-#58)

https://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/panel-pages/john-buscema-and-vince-colletta-avengers-52-story-page-20-original-art-marvel-1968-/a/7177-92043.s?ic2=mytracked-lotspage-lotlinks-12202013&tab=MyTrackedLots-101116

Just now, Ironmandrd said:

A bit surprised the Avengers #52 page went for as high as $12k.  Nice page but that's probably a record for a non-splash from that period of JB Avengers (other than Avengers #57-#58)

https://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/panel-pages/john-buscema-and-vince-colletta-avengers-52-story-page-20-original-art-marvel-1968-/a/7177-92043.s?ic2=mytracked-lotspage-lotlinks-12202013&tab=MyTrackedLots-101116

The Black Panther effect. Well timed consignment!

12 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

$52,580 with the juice....that's a spicy meatball right there! Woo.

I was guessing around $60,000 for the Star Wars #9 cover.  Not one of my favorite cover images in the series, but I figured the fact it was such an early cover would push the price up a little more.  

Just now, Mickey7 said:

I was guessing around $60,000 for the Star Wars #9 cover.  Not one of my favorite cover images in the series, but I figured the fact it was such an early cover would push the price up a little more.  

Are they comps for a Kane Star Wars cover that are anywhere near this? I know Infantino has been healthy in the past but I've never seen a Kane in the same universe as this price. Which means I've probably been looking in the wrong places. 

Just now, Ironmandrd said:

Nice result for the consignor--Thor #154 cover from $72k in May 2014 to $161k now.

Giant number for a small art cover. 

A little bit of clean and polish and it really outperformed. 

8 minutes ago, Ironmandrd said:

Nice result for the consignor--Thor #154 cover from $72k in May 2014 to $161k now.

Well that's what i would expect from the most connected and influence collector in Europe :roflmao:

Edited by John S.