• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I tried to sneak into Marvel Studios on the Disney Lot today to give a report to y'all but...

15 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, tv horror said:

Why did you not use your invisible cape?

Invisible capes are Harry Potter stuff, and that's at Universal Studios. :baiting:

I live in Atlanta (Marvel filming capital of the world).

I know exactly where the primary film studio is located (only a couple miles from my house).

I don't think I could get in for all the money in China. It's a fortress. 

Edited by cmixer

1 hour ago, cmixer said:

I live in Atlanta (Marvel filming capital of the world).

I know exactly where the primary film studio is located (only a couple miles from my house).

I don't think I could get in for all the money in China. It's a fortress. 

Show up with a tool bag. Act disinterested and impatient, slightly condescending to security guard at gate.

guard: What production?

you: I dunno. Got the call late last night. 

Guard: you’re gonna have to get production to call the gate

you: phones dead. Don’t ever know the best boy’s number. Don’t even know what the show is.  Ant Guy maybe. 

If there’s a line of impatient folks at security gate, chances are good you can slip in. Once inside, please don’t kill anyone. I would feel bad helping you do that. Find an occupied stage, walk inside. Interrupt the first busy person you see and ask where the “Juicers” are. ( this is the lighting crew)  they will point you to some folks. Say thanks and walk away. You have now established yourself with a crew member AS a crew member. Find a young person with a walkie talkie and a belt of extra walkie batteries. This is important because this will be a PA. ask for a call sheet. On back of call sheet get name of -script supervisor. (First Column on left. Top under 2nd 2nd assistant director.) get name ask around for that person, usually female. Approach that person and ask for “sides” because there’s a “lighting cue” .  She will reach in box and give you the days shooting -script. sometimes, not often, but sometimes on big budget secretive shows, you can nab an entire shooting -script. But at the very least you can get 5-8 pages of -script depending on what they’re shooting. Take -script, leave, tell security guard you left “hammer” in car. 

Sell info in shooting -script for money to internet sites. 

You’re welcome. 

ps- if you’re really bold and crafty you can snake hero props and put in tool bag and sneak out. I’ve known of Freddy’s glove disappearing and others. Bigger money, bigger risk. 

Edited by NoMan

1 hour ago, NoMan said:

Show up with a tool bag. Act disinterested and impatient, slightly condescending to security guard at gate.

you: phones dead. Don’t ever know the best boy’s number. Don’t even know what the show is.  Ant Guy maybe. 

If there’s a line of impatient folks at security gate, chances are good you can slip in. Once inside, please don’t kill anyone. I would feel bad helping you do that. Find an occupied stage, walk inside. Interrupt the first busy person you see and ask where the “Juicers” are. ( this is the lighting crew)  they will point you to some folks. Say thanks and walk away. You have now established yourself with a crew member AS a crew member. Find a young person with a walkie talkie and a belt of extra walkie batteries. This is important because this will be a PA. ask for a call sheet. On back of call sheet get name of --script supervisor. (First Column on left. Top under 2nd 2nd assistant director.) get name ask around for that person, usually female. Approach that person and ask for “sides” because there’s a “lighting cue” .  She will reach in box and give you the days shooting --script. sometimes, not often, but sometimes on big budget secretive shows, you can nab an entire shooting --script. But at the very least you can get 5-8 pages of --script depending on what they’re shooting. Take --script, leave, tell security guard you left “hammer” in car. 

Sell info in shooting --script for money to internet sites. 

You’re welcome. 

ps- if you’re really bold and crafty you can snake hero props and put in tool bag and sneak out. I’ve known of Freddy’s glove disappearing and others. Bigger money, bigger risk. 

I asked for the Juicers and next thing I know, I was making smoothies for 3 hours. Thanks a lot.

3 hours ago, 01TheDude said:

I asked for the Juicers and next thing I know, I was making smoothies for 3 hours. Thanks a lot.

don't put yourself down. it's all part of the film making process. the guy making smoothies at craft service is as important as the guy who cleans Black Panther's panther suit who is as important as...

Film making is a collaborative process. 

Plus working craft service is the easiest way to embezzle money. After the teamsters, of course. 

On 1/9/2018 at 3:19 PM, NoMan said:

If there’s a line of impatient folks at security gate, chances are good you can slip in. Once inside, please don’t kill anyone. I would feel bad helping you do that. Find an occupied stage, walk inside. Interrupt the first busy person you see and ask where the “Juicers” are. ( this is the lighting crew)  they will point you to some folks. Say thanks and walk away. You have now established yourself with a crew member AS a crew member. Find a young person with a walkie talkie and a belt of extra walkie batteries. This is important because this will be a PA. ask for a call sheet. On back of call sheet get name of --script supervisor. (First Column on left. Top under 2nd 2nd assistant director.) get name ask around for that person, usually female. Approach that person and ask for “sides” because there’s a “lighting cue” .  She will reach in box and give you the days shooting --script. sometimes, not often, but sometimes on big budget secretive shows, you can nab an entire shooting --script. But at the very least you can get 5-8 pages of --script depending on what they’re shooting. Take --script, leave, tell security guard you left “hammer” in car. 

Sell info in shooting --script for money to internet sites. 

You’re welcome. 

Being that i work in film and television and work at a studio everyday, people like this suck. We have to sign confidentiality clauses and sign a stack of paperwork so ridicululous before each job and then some shmo sneaks in and posts it on facebook for all the world too see. Don't you think i wouldnt like to show a pic on facebook showing how i built a  million dollar set for $750,000 in the course of 8 days to my friends once in awhile? But no, some shmo pizza delivery guy gets to post it or sell the picture to deadline instead. Real nice.

18 hours ago, Eclipse said:

Being that i work in film and television and work at a studio everyday, people like this suck. We have to sign confidentiality clauses and sign a stack of paperwork so ridicululous before each job and then some shmo sneaks in and posts it on facebook for all the world too see. Don't you think i wouldnt like to show a pic on facebook showing how i built a  million dollar set for $750,000 in the course of 8 days to my friends once in awhile? But no, some shmo pizza delivery guy gets to post it or sell the picture to deadline instead. Real nice.

give it 3 decades and you won't care about building a million dollar set for $750,000 nor will you desire to spend your precious free time (being a film slave, you'll know what I mean) telling your friends anything about work at all. 

BTW, why is it that you're building a set that cost "a million dollars" for "$750,000?" Shouldn't a set that cost a million, you know, cost a million? Dear Comic-Appreciating Friend, you're not giving your skill, talent and time away for free are you?  Production is not your friend. They see you building that million dollar set for $750,00 now, they'll expect it for $500,00 on the next show. 

Edited by NoMan

22 hours ago, NoMan said:

give it 3 decades and you won't care about building a million dollar set for $750,000 nor will you desire to spend your precious free time (being a film slave, you'll know what I mean) telling your friends anything about work at all. 

BTW, why is it that you're building a set that cost "a million dollars" for "$750,000?" Shouldn't a set that cost a million, you know, cost a million? Dear Comic-Appreciating Friend, you're not giving your skill, talent and time away for free are you?  Production is not your friend. They see you building that million dollar set for $750,00 now, they'll expect it for $500,00 on the next show. 

I have been doing this for 3 decades, and when i ask for a million, $750,000 is usually all i get. I know how this game works trust me.

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 9:31 PM, Eclipse said:

22vo6z.jpg

Edited by Domo Arigato