• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Most valuble PCH Book.
2 2

76 posts in this topic

I was talking with a buddy the other day and we were trying to figure out what the current top dog (as in most expensive) in the PCH world is. I was thinking Punch 12 would probably be the current most expensive? Unless you maybe count silver streak 6? But Not everyone considers it Horror.

10 minutes ago, OtherEric said:

I don't think anybody considers the Punch 12 horror, either, although I could be wrong.  It's a dramatic and valuable cover, to be sure, but the book itself isn't horror by any stretch.  The cover itself isn't even really horror, more crime with a symbolic skull.

I fully agree 

14 minutes ago, OtherEric said:

I don't think anybody considers the Punch 12 horror, either, although I could be wrong.  It's a dramatic and valuable cover, to be sure, but the book itself isn't horror by any stretch.  The cover itself isn't even really horror, more crime with a symbolic skull.

I'm sorry, I stated that very badly.  I should have said I don't think many people think of it as a horror cover, instead.  You clearly do, or you wouldn't have made the original post.  My sincere apologies, that was horribly rude phrasing on my part.

23 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

I am far from an expert on PCH but I have never been a very big fan of Punch 12. I know it gets some serious action when it shows up so maybe it is real expensive but I like some of the Harvey covers more. 

I can see your point. but personally its a favorite of mine. I guess the rarity of the book has alot to do with it as well. 

14 minutes ago, OtherEric said:

Good point. I have never actually read one so i just assumed it was a horror book based on the dark gritty cover.

In your opinion what book would be number one?

1 minute ago, OtherEric said:

I'm sorry, I stated that very badly.  I should have said I don't think many people think of it as a horror cover, instead.  You clearly do, or you wouldn't have made the original post.  My sincere apologies, that was horribly rude phrasing on my part.

No problem at all! No offense was taken. Im not nearly as well versed in PCH as most people on here. Like I said in my previous post. I just assumed it was. I should know better I own one :flamed:

1 minute ago, domuhnator said:

I can see your point. but personally its a favorite of mine. I guess the rarity of the book has alot to do with it as well. 

Good point. I have never actually read one so i just assumed it was a horror book based on the dark gritty cover.

In your opinion what book would be number one?

If you want to see the punch #12, you can read a copy here:

https://digitalcomicmuseum.com/index.php?dlid=18831

I'm not a PCH expert, either; my personal choice would be Venus #19.  Which is definitely one of the top PCH books but I'm far from sure it's #1.

No one can pin it down to one book everyone has a favorite.The demand and the want moves the market so who can place one before another only .surely i couldn't. :sorry: 

50 minutes ago, domuhnator said:

I was talking with a buddy the other day and we were trying to figure out what the current top dog (as in most expensive) in the PCH world is. I was thinking Punch 12 would probably be the current most expensive? Unless you maybe count silver streak 6? But Not everyone considers it Horror.

Silver Steak is one of Cole's greatest cover to sell books and indeed it and still does to this day :headbang:

29 minutes ago, Bronty said:

Agreed, and that just shows that the answer is all in the definition of PCH.      Easier to consider if dates, publishers, etc are specified.

Its a hard category to lock down. Thats why I wanted to get a few opinions on here as to the number one book. 

7 minutes ago, comicjack said:

No one can pin it down to one book everyone has a favorite.The demand and the want moves the market so who can place one before another only .surely i couldn't. :sorry: 

I figured favorite would be hard. Most expensive seems easier to lock down. They market does change rapidly.

5 minutes ago, comicjack said:

Silver Steak is one of Cole's greatest cover to sell books and indeed it and still does to this day :headbang:

Agreed. Its probably my favorite cover ever.

4 minutes ago, BB-Gun said:

The Thing issues with Ditko covers seem to get a good price.  

Thing 12 gets about $1500 in nice condition.  A Super Nice copy of Black Cat Mystery 50 got almost $14,000 on Ebay.  Heritage probably has something higher.

11 minutes ago, BB-Gun said:

Thing 12 gets about $1500 in nice condition.  A Super Nice copy of Black Cat Mystery 50 got almost $14,000 on Ebay.  Heritage probably has something higher.

Auction 7147 | Lot 91168 » Golden Age (1938-1955)

Weird Mysteries #5 (Gilmor, 1953) CGC VF 8.0 Cream to off-white pages.... 

Bid Source: HA.com/Live

SERVICECGC

GRADEVF 8.0
AUCTION ENDED
Aug 27, 2015

Auction Archives
Sold For:  $17,925.00

SERVICECGC

GRADENM- 9.2
AUCTION ENDED
Mar 15, 2002

Auction Archives