• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Most valuble PCH Book.
2 2

76 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, domuhnator said:

Drool worthy copy! Im sure you have a list as long as anything for people who want to but it from you. But please add me to it! This book gets higher on my want list every time I see it. 

FYI - There's a 6.0 coming up on CC March auction.  It's nice but has a name stamp on the FC.  Not the copy for me as I want a clean cover.  Been looking for a copy of this at a "decent" price the last couple of years myself.

On 1/11/2018 at 1:18 AM, adamstrange said:

For those comics that are considered part of the classic horror canon, Eerie 1 Church copy and VOH 12 Gaines are the biggest sales I'm aware of.

The VOH 12 9.2 GFC no longer appears on the census. It came off at the same time the 9.4 was added, so I would guess Mr. Halperin CPRed it. That would be my vote for most valuable, given it’s the only Gaines copy of the “first” EC horror book.

The easy way to answer the question "Most expensive PCH comic?" is simple... ask Mr. Illmannered which book he'd pay the most for. That may sound silly but Gabe is pretty much setting the market on high grade horror these days. He has put together an astounding collection by upping the ante.

2 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

The easy way to answer the question "Most expensive PCH comic?" is simple... ask Mr. Illmannered which book he'd pay the most for. That may sound silly but Gabe is pretty much setting the market on high grade horror these days. He has put together an astounding collection by upping the ante.

Thats a Great point! I know he has the highest graded (or close to) of just about everything. He just got the 9.6 black cat off ebay.

On 1/14/2018 at 8:45 AM, MustEatBrains said:

FYI - There's a 6.0 coming up on CC March auction.  It's nice but has a name stamp on the FC.  Not the copy for me as I want a clean cover.  Been looking for a copy of this at a "decent" price the last couple of years myself.

Dunno how I missed this but thank you! Ill be keeping close watch.

While Silver Streak 6 is certainly one of the coolest covers of all time, and is no doubt horrific, issue 2 would be a better candidate for predecessor to the horror cover genre...

silverstreak2.jpg

43 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

While Silver Streak 6 is certainly one of the coolest covers of all time, and is no doubt horrific, issue 2 would be a better candidate for predecessor to the horror cover genre...

silverstreak2.jpg

I agree got all the stuff you need for horror 

Being a 'casual' fan of the genre (and i use that term loosely, as i only have 'C' listers in my collection) won't go out on a limb  :fear:and pick a Top 10, but based on what i've read and seen posted and reacted to on my time here on the Boards, i'd say these 11 could possibly make the Top 20 in a highest graded copy bidding war :D. In no particular order:

Crime SuspenStories 22

Fight Against Crime 20

Menace 5

Black Cat Mystery 50

Chamber of Chills 19

Venus 19

Journey into Mystery 16

Ghost 6

Tomb of Terror 15

Strange Tales 28

Crime SuspenStories 20

@Jayman do i get a 'C' for effort? lol