• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stan Lee...accused of sexual harassment?!?!
1 1

159 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, seredynskib said:

This accusation seems false to me because:

1.) The Daily Mail is a tabloid that even Wikipedia doesn’t recognize as real news.

2.) The “unidentifed source”

3.) No evidence from the “unidentified source” & his current nursing company says he has been only respectful and kind to his nurses.

4.) No one went to the police.

5.) Stan Lee was extorted for $300,000 just a week ago. I wouldn’t be surprised if those same people are behind this in an act of revenge/blackmail.

6.) Very uncharacteristic of his public image. I don’t think I’ve ever even heard the man swear, much less talk the way this article claims.

I agree with everything you say, other than wikipedia being quoted as an authority on anything.

If this was a legitimate claim, the goal would be punishment, not winning the lottery.  Just like so often people accuse politicians of things, and then as soon as the election passes, the accusers vanish like Keyser Söze into thin air.  If the accusations are real, the person will want justice regardless of whether it benefits them directly or not.

Since Stan Lee will have an estate after he is gone, I would expect this nonsense will not go away anytime soon.

My thoughts:

If he actually physically assaulted someone, charge him and put him in prison.  If he was rude and there is proof, make him apologize and stop working for him but no LOTTO MAX paydays for hurt feelings.

If the person accused him falsely, sue her into homelessness and throw her into debtors prison...

Edited by CBT

7 hours ago, Dave2739 said:

I like that Stan needs a treasury sized book to maintain his modesty. No regular sized comic can cover up Stan's Giant-Size Man-Thing.

Maybe more to do with the time the pic was taken because Manscapping was invented in the 70’s. 

10 minutes ago, prez said:

I wonder how these accusations will affect the value of the hundreds of thousands of his Sig Series? Will collectors overlook this and give him a pass? 

I think that anyone with common sense will understand a 94 year old man who has to be helped to walk around isn't strutting around in the nude. I wouldn't be surprised if he has to be helped to get dressed and bathed. Wasn't it in a link earlier in the thread that the nursing staff has disputed the claims of this article. Anyone who lives their life by the daily mail article is probably looking for gossip and won't be swayed by any truth of what happened, sad really. It hasn't been relayed by a reliable source to my knowledge....

12 minutes ago, SteppinRazor said:

This thread is sad

What amazes me is that it doesn't seem to be reported until after his wife passed. If found untrue, what a way to kick a man while he's down (tsk)

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

What amazes me is that it doesn't seem to be reported until after his wife passed. If found untrue, what a way to kick a man while he's down (tsk)

As it stands, the credibility of the claims against Lee is very dubious, but it's also sad to see some of the responses in here about how okay it is if it were true.

2 minutes ago, SteppinRazor said:

As it stands, the credibility of the claims against Lee is very dubious, but it's also sad to see some of the responses in here about how okay it is if it were true.

I think most people were joking. I know I was.

The claims against Stan were pretty over the top and if true are  inappropriate  ,... on the other hand the claims against 93 yr old former pres Bush are incomprehensible,... saying he might have gotten a little squeeze in from his wheelchair with his wife right by his side..... so what ???

7 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

The claims against Stan were pretty over the top and if true are  inappropriate  ,... on the other hand the claims against 93 yr old former pres Bush are incomprehensible,... saying he might have gotten a little squeeze in from his wheelchair with his wife right by his side..... so what ???

So what?  Don't grab a woman's posterior without their permission no matter how close in proximity your wife is.  No one is entitled to squeeze anyone else's anything.

1 minute ago, SteppinRazor said:

So what?  Don't grab a woman's posterior without their permission no matter how close in proximity your wife is.  No one is entitled to squeeze anyone else's anything.

you are entitled to your view but i and half the country do not agree with you , he is  93 yrs old, ..in a wheelchair and thats where his arm and hand goes when someone wants a photo with him , it IS NOT sexual harrasment., they are asking for the photo with him,... not the other way around

3 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

you are entitled to your view but i and half the country do not agree with you , he is  93 yrs old, ..in a wheelchair and thats where his arm and hand goes when someone wants a photo with him , it IS NOT sexual harrasment., they are asking for the photo with him,... not the other way around

So, in your infinite wisdom, at what age does a man get a free pass? Would you be okay with one of your daughters friends grandpa squeezing her ? You are cool with 93? How about 85? Does simply qualifying for Medicaid work? Is pawing at a young boy as acceptable as pawing a young girl?

22 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

So if you want your picture taken, that is also handing over any control of who touches you and where? 

As for him being in a wheelchair, I have met and conversed with people in wheelchairs, that is not where their hands went.

2 minutes ago, SteppinRazor said:

So if you want your picture taken, that is also handing over any control of who touches you and where? 

As for him being in a wheelchair, I have met and conversed with people in wheelchairs, that is not where their hands went.

as i showed with the example of the TV guide post above with George Burns,, IMO and in the opinion of half the rest of the country a hand on the fanny by a famous person at an advanced age during a photograph IS NOT harrassment , (regardless if the famous person is a man or a woman) anyone who disagrees with that is entitled to their opinion and i'll take mine..