• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM: Soldier Comics #8
2 2

11 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, comicjack said:

3.0 maybe a 3.5 

I could see it grading 3.0, but my rationale is that it's an overall 3.5/4.0 just considering all the dozens of smaller creases and crunches. When you take either of the book long severe creases into consideration, it's an extra grade point lower. Considering both of those deep book long creases = 2.0 area.

10 minutes ago, Ahsoka Tano Jedi Apprentice said:

2 book length creases and 1 going across as well .....is that a tear on da back bottom ? The spine has a lot of wear...i've gotta think 2.0 but i'm a newbie. I would follow James J. Johnson cause this guy seems to really know his stuff

Yes, it appears to be one.

2 hours ago, Ahsoka Tano Jedi Apprentice said:

2 book length creases and 1 going across as well .....is that a tear on da back bottom ? The spine has a lot of wear...i've gotta think 2.0 but i'm a newbie. I would follow James J. Johnson cause this guy seems to really know his stuff

You're a newbie? :whatthe: 

You have a very discerning and accurate eye and your assessments are very consistent, which is the most important  grader's asset in any field. Numismatics, toys, etc., etc.  I had the impression that you've been a collector for a long, long time. You also grade on a whole which is important to consistency, not only adjusting the grade downward for defects, but tweaking the grade up if a particular strong point, or set of strong points elevates the overall whole. That was a key element in Overstreet guideline grading, and sometimes much misunderstood. Grading the piece on a whole. The flaws that deduct of course, as well as the elements that elevate the overall appearance beyond the technical flaws.