• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BLACK WIDOW: THE MOVIE (TBD)
4 4

2,016 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Sounds awful.

How bad could it be . . . . (shrug)

https://theplaylist.net/black-widow-writer-comic-book-canon-marvel-20190802/

Before her role in Marvel Studios’ writers’ group, Jac Schaeffer was probably best known for being the writer-director behind the 2009 rom-com “Timer.” Since then, she recently had another -script for “The Hustle,” which starred Anne Hathaway and Rebel Wilson, arrive in theaters. And now, she’s the woman who wrote the -script for the highly anticipated Marvel film, “Black Widow.”

:cry:

Marvel fans got their first look at the big-time film at the Disney Studios panel at D23. We're guessing from the footage shown at the panel that Widow fans will be quite happy with the results.

ComicBook.com was on hand to watch the new footage shown, which had Natasha facing off against Yelena Belova, who fans will know from the comics as the other Black Widow for a time until she became an adversary and went kind of crazy. In the footage, the two are facing off and Johansson's Black Widow is wearing an all-white suit.

Yelena starts mocking her pose, telling her "it's your fighting pose, you're a total poser!"

It's unclear whether or not this footage will make it out into the public after the panel, but we definitely want to see more, and we can't wait to see these two mix it up when the full movie hits.

3 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

I can't wait to see some footage, or a trailer. I never really like Scarlett as a person, but she's played this role very well, and as good as Captain Marvel was, I'm hoping this is at least as good. If so, man oh man....

I thought the poster sucked too. I thought Bosco had posted a fan made poster. Lately even the fans are doing a better job than that though. Maybe if this movie came out right after Winter Soldier I would have more interest but not really sure the character (not the actress) can carry a solo film. Same goes for Hawkeye. An R rating would help open up the tone. I don’t want a watered down version of La Femme Nikita or Red Sparrow on the violence aspect. And getting a director who has only directed one movie ten years ago is not a smart play. Plus, she wrote The Hustle recently? Marvel is really gambling with this one. Possibly hoping for Deadpool success on a Deadpool budget. I’ll rent it on iTunes if you guys start raving about it here.

I am being completely honest here when I say I would rather see Scarlett in Ghost World 2 than Black Widow again.

17 minutes ago, Oddball said:

I thought the poster sucked too. I thought Bosco had posted a fan made poster. Lately even the fans are doing a better job than that though. Maybe if this movie came out right after Winter Soldier I would have more interest but not really sure the character (not the actress) can carry a solo film. Same goes for Hawkeye. An R rating would help open up the tone. I don’t want a watered down version of La Femme Nikita or Red Sparrow on the violence aspect. And getting a director who has only directed one movie ten years ago is not a smart play. Plus, she wrote The Hustle recently? Marvel is really gambling with this one. Possibly hoping for Deadpool success on a Deadpool budget. I’ll rent it on iTunes if you guys start raving about it here.

I am being completely honest here when I say I would rather see Scarlett in Ghost World 2 than Black Widow again.

Disney realizes at this point it doesn't even have to try. Hardcore fans will just cheer and cry.

1 hour ago, Callaway29 said:

Poster sucks. First Red Guardian sighting though...

1 hour ago, Gruson said:

Ya not a fan of the poster. Taskmaster looks pretty cool though. 

These posters aren't official movie posters. They're just teasers for hardcore fans at D23. The last Black Widow poster is just Andy Park concept art which will probably the cover of the Art of Black Widow book next year. The official Black Widow movie poster is months away when they start the mainstream marketing push when the first trailer drops. Same with the Star Wars poster above. People are getting worked up over D23 concept art teaser posters.

3 minutes ago, Taneleer Tivan said:

They're official Marvel Studios posters and they suck.

Yeah, they're Marvel Studos posters, exclusive to D23, but they're not official teaser movie posters that go out to theaters. This is concept art by Andy Park, the main conceptual artist for the MCU, and Andy Park has never illustrated an official MCU movie theatrical release poster.

2 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Yeah, they're Marvel Studos posters, exclusive to D23, but they're not official teaser movie posters that go out to theaters. This is concept art by Andy Park, the main conceptual artist for the MCU, and Andy Park has never illustrated an official MCU movie theatrical release poster.

That doesn't change anything.

1 hour ago, @therealsilvermane said:

You sure about that?

46 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

You sure about that?

This isn't Andy Park. He's just tweeting excitement for the movie for which he did the concept art for. Andy Park posters are always released at Comic Con or D23 like this one for Ant-Man and the Wasp:

1706042649_antmanpark.jpg.f8f3d0655cca9cc2b213a6068883dc54.jpg

But he isn't paid to make official theatrical release posters. He's paid by Disney to do the concept art in pre-production.

1 hour ago, @therealsilvermane said:

This isn't Andy Park. He's just tweeting excitement for the movie for which he did the concept art for. Andy Park posters are always released at Comic Con or D23 like this one for Ant-Man and the Wasp:

1706042649_antmanpark.jpg.f8f3d0655cca9cc2b213a6068883dc54.jpg

But he isn't paid to make official theatrical release posters. He's paid by Disney to do the concept art in pre-production.

He was the Visual Development Supervisor with Captain Marvel, where in other MCU films he is the Concept Artist. I have a feeling that is his poster. People below the posts congratulating him on the overall design.