• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BLACK WIDOW: THE MOVIE (TBD)
4 4

2,016 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

Preposterous you say? Go watch Live-Die-Repeat/Edge of Tomorrow.

<3

Not saying Blunt isn't awesome. I think there may have been a subtle genius to casting Black Widow against type. Iron Man was certainly cast against type as Downey Jr certainly didn't fit that "hero" mold initially. Both castings have proved to work out beautifully despite the spattering of naysayers here and there.

10 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Not saying Blunt isn't awesome. I think there may have been a subtle genius to casting Black Widow against type. Iron Man was certainly cast against type as Downey Jr certainly didn't fit that "hero" mold initially. Both castings have proved to work out beautifully despite the spattering of naysayers here and there.

Blunt played really well in Sicario, I hated her once I finished watching it.

On 12/5/2019 at 5:01 PM, Bosco685 said:

I think she did a decent job in Lucy as the lead. 

Yeah, but the actors who played Fred and Ethel Mertz nearly sank the whole thing.

On 12/6/2019 at 10:19 AM, @therealsilvermane said:

Downey Jr. was cast against type?

E1DFF40A-FE4F-407F-BAE3-F7F1F9C65CCF.jpeg

The first trailer implied that Rachel Weisz might be Taskmaster because it showed an image of her that faded into an image of Taskmaster fighting Widow.  Still can't tell from this trailer what gender Taskmaster is.  The suit is bulky enough with enough pockets and accessories up and down the arms and legs that it could be a man or a woman under there.

29 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

The first trailer implied that Rachel Weisz might be Taskmaster because it showed an image of her that faded into an image of Taskmaster fighting Widow.  Still can't tell from this trailer what gender Taskmaster is.  The suit is bulky enough with enough pockets and accessories up and down the arms and legs that it could be a man or a woman under there.

I did think Taskmaster looked a little small in the two-shot with Task and Natasha facing off. Could be something to that. 

1 hour ago, Gatsby77 said:

Florence Pugh's (well-deserved) Oscar nomination should help this one. She's positioned to be the next break-out starlet, a la Scarlett Johannsen 18 years ago or Jennifer Lawrence 10 years ago.

not to mention the one some think can't act nabbing dual Oscar nominations

1 hour ago, Gatsby77 said:

Florence Pugh's (well-deserved) Oscar nomination should help this one. She's positioned to be the next break-out starlet, a la Scarlett Johannsen 18 years ago or Jennifer Lawrence 10 years ago.

I was very impressed with her portrayal of Paige in Fighting With My Family.