• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BLACK WIDOW: THE MOVIE (TBD)
4 4

2,016 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:

That Stan Lee quote in Marvel’s new trailer reveals a disturbing MCU truth
“For the purposes of its Phase Four hype-up video, Marvel Studios edited and condensed Lee’s original speech to the point that any trace of its anti-bigotry messaging has been scrubbed clean. It is now a more generic message that beckons (paying) audiences back to movie theaters.

It is also morbid how Marvel Studios uses Lee’s voice when Disney had little involvement to care for Lee, who was besieged by profit-seeking controllers in his final days.”

https://www.inverse.com/entertainment/marvel-phase-4-trailer-stan-lee-voice-over-quote

6 hours ago, Oddball said:

“For the purposes of its Phase Four hype-up video, Marvel Studios edited and condensed Lee’s original speech to the point that any trace of its anti-bigotry messaging has been scrubbed clean. It is now a more generic message that beckons (paying) audiences back to movie theaters.

It is also morbid how Marvel Studios uses Lee’s voice when Disney had little involvement to care for Lee, who was besieged by profit-seeking controllers in his final days.”

https://www.inverse.com/entertainment/marvel-phase-4-trailer-stan-lee-voice-over-quote

Theaters are dying. I don’t really have a problem with this. 

9 minutes ago, Oddball said:

It’s about integrity. Don’t change the important message he wanted to convey.

His message is still there (wherever you would find this clip) and in no way detracts from it. They just sampled it for a couple lines that fit well into this teaser.  This “disturbing truth” headline is just recreational outrage over literally nothing. If you want to get mad at Disney there are plenty of real life examples to choose from that actually have an impact on people’s lives. 

1 hour ago, bentbryan said:

His message is still there (wherever you would find this clip) and in no way detracts from it. They just sampled it for a couple lines that fit well into this teaser.  This “disturbing truth” headline is just recreational outrage over literally nothing. If you want to get mad at Disney there are plenty of real life examples to choose from that actually have an impact on people’s lives. 

Oh I agree, articles need sensationalism to attract attention or outrage. I’m far from offended but sampling certain bits of a statement for another purpose (in this case after the man has passed on) well, I wouldn’t do it. But it makes for a cool sounding promo!

48 minutes ago, Oddball said:

Oh I agree, articles need sensationalism to attract attention or outrage. I’m far from offended but sampling certain bits of a statement for another purpose (in this case after the man has passed on) well, I wouldn’t do it. But it makes for a cool sounding promo!

I get it 

57 minutes ago, Oddball said:

Well - if *anyone* could appreciate a cool sounding promo, it would be Stan...

13 hours ago, Oddball said:

Agreed & I'm not sold on going back to theaters to keep studios profiting at the risk of our health. This will just keep up the spread & mutation of the pandemic. They need to literally stop all travel to keep new variants from spreading, but money is more important than life in our current economy. That's modern progress for you.

17 minutes ago, chezmtghut said:

Agreed & I'm not sold on going back to theaters to keep studios profiting at the risk of our health. This will just keep up the spread & mutation of the pandemic. They need to literally stop all travel to keep new variants from spreading, but money is more important than life in our current economy. That's modern progress for you.

Well if the very large segment of our population that still think the pandemic is a hoax would do their friggin part and get the vaccine and wear a mask we’d have been done with this pandemic last month. 

21 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Well if the very large segment of our population that still think the pandemic is a hoax would do their friggin part and get the vaccine and wear a mask we’d have been done with this pandemic last month. 

People definitely need to take more precautions. Unfortunately, vaccines aren't likely to make it go away due to it's rapid mutation. The common cold is a coronavirus as well & we've never had a successful treatment for that either.

1 hour ago, @therealsilvermane said:

the "stock" is showing signs of life, estimating around $160MM US now- up close to 40% from the bottom

image.png.9de54a0f2df877583c4d8e11bef48f43.png