• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BLACK WIDOW: THE MOVIE (TBD)
4 4

2,016 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Callaway29 said:

I've been hearing supply now exceeds demand, at least here in the US...

As of 8 hours ago, the White House said it’s goal is to get at least the first dose to 70% of Americans who want it by July 4.

Edited by Oddball

2 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:

I believe in the new ventilation systems the movie theaters have installed. Social distancing and mask wearing is still  theater policy at all of them. I'm fully vaccinated as well as a lot of friends/family. There have been no significant COVID19 outbreaks from folks going to see Kong Godzilla, which gave the industry a shot of life support. When I go see Black Widow in July with my mask on, I will feel perfectly safe.

2 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:

We're five months into vaccines being available to the public. This week, the vaccine will be available to everyone including teenagers nationwide. By July the percent of Americans fully vaccinated should significantly rise. For the people who refuse to wear masks or get their vaccine by then, they can choke on the virus for all I care.

Unfortunately, being vaccinated doesn't prevent you from picking up bacteria & spreading it to other. These new ventilation systems will likely help spread bacteria through the air at more rapid rates. Unless theaters implement a policy of not eating or selling snacks, rotating seats between screenings, etc..., those standards aren't enough. Most people aren't conscious enough about sanitation, which is the major reason that this pandemic has decimated the worlds economy. We shouldn't wish others harm due to their lack of knowledge or experience, we should educate them, so they can better themselves & others they come in contact with. That's what will curb this pandemic & prevent future outbreaks.

3 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

The vaccination for those under 16 yo is still being reviewed by the FDC. So what we have right now is for anyone 16 yo or older.

But I agree the distribution has significantly increased to a much wider level than ever before. That doesn't mean go hog-wild and run to pack close places like theaters. We are only two months from July (that's nuts to even type that as pandemic time flies by). In two months we are still dealing with debates and false perceptions vaccines will turn people into mutants. Much more work ahead.

A few things, and I do not want to reveal to much about myself, but I do have a high level of education in biology.  Thus my inability to write.

Thus far the variants have not fully alluded the vaccines, and the mutations while numerous are actually very similar and are somewhat limited in the changes being seen.  Meaning, it appears there are only a few viable or beneficial mutations for this virus. Remember, we hear about the mutations that have taken some hold, there are likely 1000's of mutations that have failed. That spike protein needs to be a faily specific shape or it becomes ineffective. It can only change so much. This is good news for us.  It means that the current vaccines will likely remain somewhat effective despite the mutations. We are still going to develope multivariate booster for better efficacy, and that is prudent. The other thing is even when there have been infections with vaccinated people, the vaccine decreased the severity in most regardless of the variant. So even if not preventative, the vaccine remain protective. 

The 12 to 15 year olds are going to be approved within a week.

We never had  common cold virus for several reasons.  The first of which is it is a general term referring to many viruses causing similar symptoms.   Second, the expense and need to develope a vaccine for a non lethal disease is not there, so the drug companies have no incentive to do it. There is no money to be made.

Finally, from an immunological standpoint, the most closely related virus to Covid-19 is SARS from about 18 years ago. They have seen a few things from an immunological standpoint on SARS which hopefully will apply to Covid.  The biggest is that they have monitored the immune status of know positives and found that natural immunity is still good 18 years later. The next interesting fact is SARS immunity seems to impart some immunity to Covid.

17 hours ago, drotto said:

A few things, and I do not want to reveal to much about myself, but I do have a high level of education in biology.  Thus my inability to write.

Thus far the variants have not fully alluded the vaccines, and the mutations while numerous are actually very similar and are somewhat limited in the changes being seen.  Meaning, it appears there are only a few viable or beneficial mutations for this virus. Remember, we hear about the mutations that have taken some hold, there are likely 1000's of mutations that have failed. That spike protein needs to be a faily specific shape or it becomes ineffective. It can only change so much. This is good news for us.  It means that the current vaccines will likely remain somewhat effective despite the mutations. We are still going to develope multivariate booster for better efficacy, and that is prudent. The other thing is even when there have been infections with vaccinated people, the vaccine decreased the severity in most regardless of the variant. So even if not preventative, the vaccine remain protective. 

We never had  common cold virus for several reasons.  The first of which is it is a general term referring to many viruses causing similar symptoms.   Second, the expense and need to develope a vaccine for a non lethal disease is not there, so the drug companies have no incentive to do it. There is no money to be made.

Finally, from an immunological standpoint, the most closely related virus to Covid-19 is SARS from about 18 years ago. They have seen a few things from an immunological standpoint on SARS which hopefully will apply to Covid.  The biggest is that they have monitored the immune status of know positives and found that natural immunity is still good 18 years later. The next interesting fact is SARS immunity seems to impart some immunity to Covid.

This was great. Meanwhile, those wanting to rush back to the theaters so as to boost a studio's profits as some form of fanatical theme is not the wisest move.

Disney holding off repeatedly because it wanted to force the theater approach for maximum box office results versus just going with the Disney+ approach and putting safety over profits is not a good reputation appearance. Are you missing that point in order to lay out your impressive background and experiences? Let's not forget about the reality of the past year based on the expert tracking of John Hopkins COVID resource center.

John_Hopkins_COVID.JPG.f20afa652cc8ae751d7c9c4d54acc13a.JPG

The children COVID vaccine is due out next week from Pfizer as of yesterday's news. Distribution will take a little bit to ramp up. But ramp up it will because now 22% of COVID cases are in their age group.

Children Now Account For 22% Of New U.S. COVID Cases. Why Is That?

So if adults excited to put the pandemic behind them rush to theaters with their family, I hope they do this with more thought than 'GO STUDIO XXX!'

22 hours ago, drotto said:

Since you have an education in biology, what is your opinion on the concept of disease & viruses being related to abnormal vibrations that our bodies adapt to, thereby creating mutations within our cells? Consider how computer viruses work by altering electrical vibrations. I believe the body is an advanced machine & the radiation that we bombard ourselves & others with through the use of modern tech is causing all of these problems. Sure, it can be argued that the entire universe is producing different forms of radiation, but our planet is protected from most through different layers of atmospheric pressure, acting as a force field. We're diminishing those protective layers in what most label as global warming. To protect ourselves from this greater radiation, we're taking vaccines to alter the radiation of our cells, but that's not a solution in my opinion. We fight cancer (a form of abnormally radiating cells) with chemo (a form of radiation treatment), killing healthy cells in the process. Fighting fire with fire doesn't put out flames, it only increases them. If this pandemic is hypothetically being caused by abnormal levels of electrical current (our body functions on infrasound vibrations), wouldn't cutting back be the logical solution, rather than increasing it's strength with 5g networks on a global scale? What if these new networks can increase the mutability of cells? Should we just keep relying on new vaccines to protect us rather than avoiding the poison that's causing it?

I’m excited. But in my mind, I can’t help wonder how a Black Widow and the Winter Soldier limited series would have played out. But only if written and directed by the Russo’s.

In a different timeline, Black Widow would have already been well into its home media release. Alas, the Cate Shortland flick was one of the many delays Marvel Studios implemented because of the ongoing global pandemic.

Since the film was initially set to hit theaters now over a year ago, Shortland has confirmed the film has been finished for at least the past year. In fact, the Berlin Syndrome helmer says the final cut hasn't been touched in all this time, and it's simply waiting for release.

Shortland's reveal comes in the latest issue of Empire, which features an article about the Scarlett Johansson vehicle. The magazine is set to hit newsstands this Thursday, May 13th.

22 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

They are so lucky it didn’t leak online. I know companies are in the business of making money but it would have said a lot about Disney’s overlords if they said, hey, the world is struggling through the pandemic, here’s Black Widow on Disney+ at no extra charge to our subscribers. If they would have done that last year. But we can’t lose a dollar now can we? I mean Disney can’t afford that. They are living check to check. 

4 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Must be a darn good movie if Marvel Studios feels it hasn't needed any tweaking at all as long as it's been sitting.

"So the movie has been sitting for the longest time because...

[checks Disney points list]

emotion01.gif.40b078ab40a296dece2d6404aae70bc3.gif

A) Why mess with perfection?

B) What: me worry?

C) Must be a darn good movie..."

"Darn it - all this blue ink on my tongue now!"

:baiting:

I’m excited for this movie. I love the MCU shows but the movies are on a whole other level.

1 hour ago, D84 said:

Just a reminder since they don't seem to be advertising this one, Black Widow comes out in about a month.

Yeah, a month in 2022. Right along side of No Time to Die.

But seriously, I wonder if there’s a chance of them pushing it back again. They better release it before it leaks. 

On 5/12/2021 at 9:07 PM, media_junkie said:

Or they don't want to throw anymore money at it since there is still an uncertainty going on with theaters.

Rumor is they have not touch Eternals either.  All it means is they are happy enough with the movies especially in this climate where the industry is still faced with a lot of uncertainty. With the uncertainty the do not want to risk any more money, and Disney is a little stretched on finances right now anyway.