• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BLACK WIDOW: THE MOVIE (TBD)
4 4

2,016 posts in this topic

On 10/11/2021 at 9:28 AM, alexgross.com said:

i was surprised how bad this movie was, at leat the first 30 minutes. from the start, it does not seem to know what tone it means to have. it appears to be setting up to be a BOURNE type suspense thriller. then Nat battles what appears to be a robot. hm. shades of ultron without a personality. very boring character and a boring fight as well. then she battles, with weapons, and apparently meaning to kill her sister? florence pugh is a good actress but perhaps not one that i buy as a physically intimidating assassin. yet another super boring fight and a ridiculous one since they end up talking normally after trying to kill each other. two boring and ridiiculous fights were enough for me. 

i just could not find a reason to keep watching. i dont usually have that issue with marvel films. a film should suck you in, but this one spit me out. if it gets better later, good. but i'm not watching any more of it. 

+1 to ALL of this.

Moreover, the atrocious fake Russian accents were borderline comedic. 

FINALLY saw this, and I was pleasantly surprised. I really enjoyed it for the most part, much better than I was expecting, and easily IMO one of the best openings of any MCU movie, what with the woman singing Smells Like Teen Spirit to that imagery, that hit hard, and it was a beautiful, powerful intro. Very memorable. 

On 12/27/2021 at 12:45 PM, The Meta said:

I'm pretty choked at whomever allowed Nirvana to be used in main stream media.

Pretty much spits in Kurt Cobains face 

And why was it sung by someone who had overdosed on Ambien.

On 12/28/2021 at 4:45 AM, The Meta said:

I'm pretty choked at whomever allowed Nirvana to be used in main stream media.

Pretty much spits in Kurt Cobains face 

Doesn't Courtney Love have control of their music now? She did at one stage, iirc? 

On 12/27/2021 at 11:36 PM, Mecha_Fantastic said:

Doesn't Courtney Love have control of their music now? She did at one stage, iirc? 

I haven't looked hard into it to be honest.

As far as I had last understood, the rights were being contested between her, Ghrol and Novoselic

I think she has won some rights, and I do believe Francis Bean also has rights as well

On 12/28/2021 at 4:49 AM, The Meta said:

I havent heard this rendition, just the little bit in the Batman trailer

A bit late, but it's this one. 

As I am watching in 'real-time' order - just watched this

It sat between Avengers - Civil War and Season 3 of SHIELD Ep #20

Watching in 'real-time' really makes all the movies and TV stuff much better tbh.

The movie itself - not as bad as I expected - it was pretty much James Bond in Spandex with an extra topping of double cheese.

On 2/15/2022 at 10:05 PM, Beige said:

As I am watching in 'real-time' order - just watched this

It sat between Avengers - Civil War and Season 3 of SHIELD Ep #20

Watching in 'real-time' really makes all the movies and TV stuff much better tbh.

The movie itself - not as bad as I expected - it was pretty much James Bond in Spandex with an extra topping of double cheese.

If you like your cheese served 6 years after it should have been consumed, and already considered moldy since its ingredients had died in the last serving.

:baiting:

While recently speaking with Radio Times magazine, the actor, who played villain Dreykov in the Scarlett Johansson-led 2021 action-packed spy thriller, admitted that filming the Marvel movie “was fine until you have to do the reshoots.”

“Then you find out that a few producers have come down, and your performance is too much, it’s too strong… That’s the way Marvel works,” Winstone said. “It can be soul-destroying because you feel like you’re doing great work.”

The Departed actor said he concluded that he wanted to give up on the project altogether, but realized he couldn’t.

“I actually said, ‘You ought to recast it because that was it for me.’ And you end up doing it again because you’re contracted to do it,” he explained. “Otherwise you end up in court. It’s like being kicked in the balls.”